Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC1 HD On Irish EPG

• 30-01-2011 2:39pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Quick one for you. I was browsing through my Sky HD EPG during the week and low and behold BBC1 HD was there I showed it to the wife and she watch stuff on it that evening. I checked that I was using the Irish EPG as normal and all the other channels were in place and working. Looked last night and it was gone. Did anybody else notice it.

Thx
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

nope , what channel number was it on ?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

It was on 143 and BBC HD was on 144 if I remember correctly. Kicking myself I did not take a pic.

i didnt notice it (i tend to watch bbchd a lot so would have seen it if it was between 19:00 and 21:00 ish )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mrdsmith

TCP/IP wrote: »
    It was on 143 and BBC HD was on 144 if I remember correctly. Kicking myself I did not take a pic.
    That doesn't make much sense.
    BBC HD is on 143.
    DMAX is on 144.
    There is no BBC 1 HD on the Irish EPG.

I can't understand how the BBC would be on 144 if that is DMAX's slot?

In the UK however, BBC 1 HD is on 143, and BBC HD is on 169.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

mrdsmith wrote: »
    That doesn't make much sense.
    BBC HD is on 143.
    DMAX is on 144.
    There is no BBC 1 HD on the Irish EPG.

I can't understand how the BBC would be on 144 if that is DMAX's slot?

In the UK however, BBC 1 HD is on 143, and BBC HD is on 169.

I know it does not make sense but it was there for an evening. Showed it to the wife to make sure I was not going crazy. But as I said all back to normal again and only have BBC HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I saw BBC1 HD on the Irish EPG last night. It will be on 143 from 1st February according to Sky info.

Tarabuses wrote: »
    I saw BBC1 HD on the Irish EPG last night. It will be on 143 from 1st February according to Sky info.

where's bbchd going ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭mike2084

Dosen't seem to say that here - could have been the uk listing you were looking at

http://c0365499.cdn2.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/hd.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

John mac wrote: »
    where's bbchd going ?

Probably the same position as what it is in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Probably the same position as what it is in the UK.
    We're not getting BBC1 HD on the Irish EPG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭galtee boy

200motels wrote: »

Why are you so sure ? Do you have inside info ? I don't see any reason why not. They eventually gave us BBC HD and while I wasn't expecting it anytime soon, I think BBC1 HD will be on Irish EPG at some stage.

200motels wrote: »

I never said it was appearing on the Irish EPG. I was pointing out where BBC HD would go if BBC One HD did appear.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I never said it was appearing on the Irish EPG. I was pointing out where BBC HD would go if BBC One HD did appear.

The next channel number nearest to BBC1,BBC2 and BBC HD which isn't currently being used is 153 on the Irish EPG.

I am not bothered really. BBC One HD and BBC HD are numbers 8 and 9 on the stb at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't bother with numbers on my Media PC. it's nice Favorites by Category. DVB Viewer works good with IR remote.

galtee boy wrote: »
    The next channel number nearest to BBC1,BBC2 and BBC HD which isn't currently being used is 153 on the Irish EPG.

Update: Forget 153, Sky 3+1 will be on it tomorrow on the Irish Epg. Only option might be, put BBC1 HD on 143 and move BBC HD to 169 ( currently free on Irish Epg ), same as UK Epg where BBC HD is on 169. Don't hold your breath though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

it would be a miracle if that ever happened. maybe in the next 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

it would be a miracle if that ever happened. maybe in the next 2 years

Yes I can see us getting bbc1HD for the Olympics for sure!

Pity we cant get it in time for the Formula 1 coverage to allow recording it in Hd if it's on the bbc1 channel ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Once off purchase of a "Freesat HD" PVR is less than what many pay in sub to Sky every year. You can connect it to the two spare connections on the Quad LNB.

Problem solved.

all very good in theory watty but as you said in previous threads you cant get saorview too and uk tv on one box and record. until one comes along sky will always attract more people to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭niallers1

You can get BBC1 HD on "other channels" with sky . you cannot record on it though.

yes i know that but useless if you cant record it.

How long will it be before BBC HD becomes BBC2 HD?

It shows mostly BBC 2 content anyhow.

I wouldnt hold your breath on getting BBC 1 HD, CH4 HD has been going longer and we still cant get that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I wouldnt hold your breath on getting BBC 1 HD, CH4 HD has been going longer and we still cant get that!

Might just give us BBC 1 HD if BBC HD changes to BBC 2 HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

There's no serious talk of this happening, what would happen to the BBC3 and BBC4 programs it shows.

SteM wrote: »
    There's no serious talk of this happening, what would happen to the BBC3 and BBC4 programs it shows.

There on about closing these channels down due to lack of funds.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/12/bbc-cuts-bbc3-bbc4

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/01/13/bbc-trust-chairman-michael-lyons-warns-bbc3-and-bbc4-may-be-cut-back-to-save-money-115875-22845043/

The BBC Trust is saying that and it would be a pity if they do close them.

your right BBC HD shows alot of BBC 2 programmes. its such a pity we will never see BBC one HD for a long long time.

Advertisement