Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister comming to Dublin??

Options
  • 30-01-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Does anybody know anything about Abercrombie&Fitch or Hollister comming to Ireland?? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hollister is opening in Dundrum this summer. A&F will also open in town. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/commercialproperty/2010/1117/1224283516642.html

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NR04

Thank-you Pythia, that article hit the nail on the head! :)

Can't wait now!!

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 shonalh

do you know the exact dates for the arrival of abercrombie and hollister? thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Yay! Now the whole of Ireland can be totally cool and the rich will have to find another way of showing the fruits of there NY shopping trips, start growing out your giant fringes now girls, Summers almost here!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

hollister...july 4th
    a&f not confirmed but i'd imagine late summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

:rolleyes:

wait now and see the knackers will take over hollister/abercrombie just like they do with everything else(lacoste for example)

the hollister/abercrom phaze is over now really anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

p.s when do you think theyll be accepting cvs?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Anyone know when is this store open, during the week i purchased a few bits in the liverpool store but need to return a few bits for a diffrent size. Rang Hollister to ask about returns and they told be the Dublin store had oppend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

so what if knackers wear it, if it's good quality clothing then who cares.*

the whole A&F/Hollister phrase has finished now, thank jebus except for the likes of d4-eqsue parts of dublin.

*quality of clothes is not directed at A&F/Hollister in any shape or form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I do find the Hollister t-shirts don't wash well, but I adore my hoodie (I find it really really hard to get hoodies that fit me properly) though I'm not really their target market. By, oh, a good 15 years.

The location in Dundrum that I am assuming is for Hollister - second floor, on the central atrium - still had hoardings up on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

I wonder how much they will put their prices up by. I love my Hollister hoody because its so cosy and soft, but Hollister and A&F are about 2 years too late. Some of the stuff is lovely, but not the walking billboard stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 paul2641

Hollister and A&F aren't really my scene but don't worry the stores will do amazingly with people from the other counties fleeting to Dublin to get their piece :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 shonalh

keezer wrote: »
    Anyone know when is this store open, during the week i purchased a few bits in the liverpool store but need to return a few bits for a diffrent size. Rang Hollister to ask about returns and they told be the Dublin store had oppend.

are they really open or was it a mistake made by the person you were talking to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barneldino

Heya its opening in July in Dundrum. They're recruiting people all around dublin now. Some lady came up to me in UCD and asked me to go for an interview on wednesday.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 E.E.F.

It was a mistake coz I wuz in Dundrum the other day and it said open july 15th 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

BUMP

Hollister's open.

lainey316 wrote: »
    Hollister's open.

well?

serenacat wrote: »
    well?

Well what? Is it any good do you mean? I haven't been but I'd be certain it is identical to every other Hollister ever. They're very standard, standard layout, they have a fairly small collection of items so generally everything online is in store. Generally. There's another thread here on prices.

Sorry if that's not what you meant, I can't really tell. I'd assumed your BUMP was to find out if they were open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I was in Dundrum on last Sunday and was wondering what the queues and guys in fake tan and underwear were about... I guessed as much.

I was in Dundrum on last Sunday and was wondering what the queues and guys in fake tan and underwear were about... I guessed as much.

Just wondering what it was like?
    Are the guys hot?

serenacat wrote: »
    Just wondering what it was like?
    Are the guys hot?

Er well, if you're into having topless guys in the store where you shop, personally I'd feel uncomfortable. They were tanned, topless and sporty looking - that's all I noticed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Probably a stupid question, but are the sizes in store the same as their online store?

Dman001 wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but are the sizes in store the same as their online store?

I'm sure they are - but I can't say for certain. I have purchased instore in US and Belfast and NZ and here - sizing all the same. Bigger than my usual size but hey, I'll live with it for a stripey t-shirt (am OBSESSED with stripey t-shirts)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Er well, if you're into having topless guys in the store where you shop, personally I'd feel uncomfortable. They were tanned, topless and sporty looking - that's all I noticed tbh.
    The men are topless!? :eek:

That's pure exploitation, are the girls in bikinis?

phasers wrote: »

Yep. To be honest, I didn't see any girls, but I'm inclined to agree with you. It was bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I was there last week (purely for price comparison purposes :o) and the girls I saw were in little cami tops and hot pant style denim shorts.

I was in NY in January, there was several feet of snow outside but in Hollister the guys were going around topless and the girls in tiny bikinis!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

And they have a lovely triangle of suncream on their noses. I think it's the Baywatch look they're going for. I didn't see any girls either but then I was just passing by and I was kind of shocked that there was a queue to get in so I couldn't take much in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I don't get why people come onto a thread about Hollister and moan.

Nobody is forcing you to buy their clothes.

I think it's an excellent addition to Dundrum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement