Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister comming to Dublin??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't get why people come onto a thread about Hollister and moan.

Nobody is forcing you to buy their clothes.

I think it's an excellent addition to Dundrum.
    I don't think anyone has slagged their clothes, I'm just shocked that a clothes shop is allowed to use their staff in such a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

I was out in dundrum on Monday, wanted to check out the store and get a friend a birthday gift card.Ive shopped in both hollister and abercrombie & fitch in nyc and belfast and really like their clothes but when I saw a que of about 30 people waiting to go into the shop i said no way! I dont really know why I was shocked as Ive seen ques like it in nyc and didnt que then either. Didnt bother queing to get in but went back last night hoping it would be quieter as I really wanted to get the giftcard.

Anyway there was no que but I cant see myself going back again to shop there it was a bit ridiculous to be honest. I know all of the stores are them same but I thought maybe this one would be different :rolleyes: There was a guy standing at the door topless greeting people as they walking in, then it was so dark I couldnt see anything and the music was so loud I couldnt hear what the OH was saying to me.We ended up just going straight to the cash desk for the giftcard.While the staff are all very friendly, I have to say its also very fake and forced friendliness(or at least it comes across that way).The girls on the tills must have been given a script as they all said the same thing to people as they were serving them "Hi guys, What's up!" in an american accent and then when leaving they all say "Check us out on facebook too".

I really do like the clothes in here and maybe its my age showing through:eek: but think I'll be sticking to shopping online, at least I can browse in peace that way and see what I'm looking at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

phasers wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has slagged their clothes, I'm just shocked that a clothes shop is allowed to use their staff in such a way.

It obviously works for them though if there are always queues outside.

For me I wouldn't shop in American Apparell, but I don't slag the people that do, that's their choice.

It obviously works for them though if there are always queues outside.

For me I wouldn't shop in American Apparell, but I don't slag the people that do, that's their choice.
    Nobody slagged them off though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

phasers wrote: »
    Nobody slagged them off though

Not slagging outright but there's certain generalisations being made about the people who shop there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Stench Blossoms, we do not allow people to generalise based on what people wear in this forum. If you see this happening, please report the posts rather than commenting on thread.

Can we get back on topic now please?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭compsys

I was out in dundrum on Monday, wanted to check out the store and get a friend a birthday gift card.Ive shopped in both hollister and abercrombie & fitch in nyc and belfast and really like their clothes but when I saw a que of about 30 people waiting to go into the shop i said no way! I dont really know why I was shocked as Ive seen ques like it in nyc and didnt que then either. Didnt bother queing to get in but went back last night hoping it would be quieter as I really wanted to get the giftcard.

Anyway there was no que but I cant see myself going back again to shop there it was a bit ridiculous to be honest. I know all of the stores are them same but I thought maybe this one would be different :rolleyes: There was a guy standing at the door topless greeting people as they walking in, then it was so dark I couldnt see anything and the music was so loud I couldnt hear what the OH was saying to me.We ended up just going straight to the cash desk for the giftcard.While the staff are all very friendly, I have to say its also very fake and forced friendliness(or at least it comes across that way).The girls on the tills must have been given a script as they all said the same thing to people as they were serving them "Hi guys, What's up!" in an american accent and then when leaving they all say "Check us out on facebook too".

I really do like the clothes in here and maybe its my age showing through:eek: but think I'll be sticking to shopping online, at least I can browse in peace that way and see what I'm looking at!

+1

Unfortunately (or fortunately perhaps!) I think this comes down to age.

I'm 28 and went in for a browse out of curiosity a few days ago and the shop really is aimed at like 12 - 18 year olds I think, although how they'd have the money for the clothes I don't really know. It's just sooo bloody dark though that I found it almost unsettling. And yes, the constant 'how can I help' and 'have a nice day' and 'welcome to Hollister' just seems ridiculously American and silly in an Irish setting.

I do think Hollister's clothes and A&F's clothes are very good quality though, but the shopping experience is too much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The idea of topless men flaoting around as I browse would be a bit un settling for me at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I heard that most the clothes are sold out. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I love Hollister and A&F for trackie bottoms, the vest tops are a perfect fit for me and the hoodies are sooo cosy.

But the shopping experience is not my cup of tea, maybe I am just getting old :p

@coffeelover, I was in Hollister last week and there were plenty of clothes. Maybe some items have sold out but not most of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I haven't been in Dundrum since this place opened up, but might be in Dundrum tomorrow night, so will drop in and see what all this fuss is about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bbeck11

Why is Hollister and A&F so popular here when it was popular 5 years ago in the USA but music here is better and newer than the music you hear in the US. Styles and trends of europe are so interesting... I always see the Irish with their hollister/a&f bags walking around the airport and americans wear northface and uggs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

bbeck11 wrote: »
    Why is Hollister and A&F so popular here!

Because in general Irish people are badly dressed. It's all hype, anything with a logo like Hollister Irish people beast over thinking it's some luxurious cool brand. The elephant in the room is it's just a collection of boring basics with a massive ugly logo plastered on the front.

Oh my God I was in there last week for the first time and it was horrible!

it's pitch black, all the clothes are insanely overpriced and yet the queue was out the door! :confused:

The shop smelled amazing though, Which was a bit weird.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Off topic and a year old. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement