Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure Cycling in Waterford

Options
  • 30-01-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I have recently taken up cycling and cant believe the enjoyment I am getting from it. I have a Giant Escape 4 Hybrid, can average 22- 24kph and can readily manage 50km per spin. I am still reluctant to join the clubs as I have no interest in progressing to racing - or have the budget for a road bike! My point is (finally!) I am starting to find it tedious during the cycle when out on my own and am wondering are there any like minded / common ability cyclists that would be up for a 50K spin early on Sunday mornings starting somewhere south of the city?
    Drop me a line or point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

(FYI I have posted a similar thread in the Cycling Forum.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Hi Headdy,
    you don't need to progress to racing when you join a club. Dungarvan CC and Sportif Waterford CC have very large leisure groups, you don't need a road bike, and you'll find plenty of like minded/common ability cyclists. (And you'd never know, you might find that you're good at it and progress to racing :))

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Headdy

Thanks Showry, I'll check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

@ headdy,

Check out the Sportif Waterford Cycling Club web blog

http://sportifwaterfordcc.blogspot.com/

PM me if you want to chat about getting more details about the club. I have been a member of the club since June 2009 and they are a great bunch of lads & girls. We also have a mountain bike section with 2 qualified MTB instructors to assist the off roaders too.

Advertisement