Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting Each Other's Facebook Pages - mark II!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SureHome.ie

the_syco wrote: »
    As it has been said before, unless you do it from your business account no-one will know you actually thanked them, and thus probably won't thank you in return.

I assume you missed my next post immediately after that one which clearly states the name of the account I liked them from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Think I've pretty much caught up to here.
    There is a lot of pages there with very few likes though so everyone isn't playing fair or have forgotten about this thread:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Philipandson

Hi everyone,

please will you like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PhilipandSon.

thanks everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 bagit_ie

Hi

Have gone through last few pages (after doing the first 20 previously)

Think I've got everyone!

Would appreciate a few more likes.

thanks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bagitie/223405014366633

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 PrintBob

Hi Guys,

Here's our page. Ill always be on hand to answer any PMs relating to the print industry.

http://www.facebook.com/CONWAYMEDIALTD

I'll like as many of yours as I can over the next few days and please add mine if you wish! Thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

Like Us, and we'll Like You back :)

www.facebook.com/BusinessBloomer

Thanks a million folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 bagit_ie

Thanks a million folks!

Just like you,

Like us back please!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bagitie/223405014366633

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Thanks a million folks!

How about you like us? And we will like you back! :D

PrintBob wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Here's our page. Ill always be on hand to answer any PMs relating to the print industry.

http://www.facebook.com/CONWAYMEDIALTD

I'll like as many of yours as I can over the next few days and please add mine if you wish! Thanks a million!

You need a page to get likes. Yours is add friend.

bagit_ie wrote: »

done :)
    it works then!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think you'll get a better response if you have liked everyone and then let us know and we'll like you back ;)

ronaneire wrote: »
    How about you like us? And we will like you back! :D

Done! I spent the last 30 minutes liking everybody (around 60 pages, excluding the ones didn't look active) - hope I didn't forget any!

Question: What's the best "Like Us" competition you've ever done?

You need a page to get likes. Yours is add friend.

That's the decision we decided to make for the page, so if anyone would be so kind as to add us, we would be delighted!

We have done this as it allows for a more personal approach in our field and means we can add friends. We are at 1127 friends now and receive more requests frequently. It's just what works for us and thanks for taking a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Setting up a Business as a personal profile is against FB rules and they could delete your page without warning. I know someone it happened toand they had 2500+ friends:eek:

Another person I know got a warning and had 1 week to get a new Business page and try to get the friends to become fans.

Also a lot of people wont friend a business they dont know, from their personal profile ( mainly due to privacy/ family photos etc.)
    You may have early success with people you know but it may prove more difficult after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

That's the decision we decided to make for the page, so if anyone would be so kind as to add us, we would be delighted!

We have done this as it allows for a more personal approach in our field and means we can add friends. We are at 1127 friends now and receive more requests frequently. It's just what works for us and thanks for taking a look :)

As well as being against Facebook's rules as mentioned above, I would never add a business as a friend on my personal profile, as I then have to customise my settings every time I post photos, statuses, etc to ensure that these strangers do not have access to all my info, this is not an issue with a Fan Page. It also means businesses can start fb chat and inbox messages with me which I feel is going a bit far and this is why I deleted any of the ones I had added in the past. Facebook will eventually shut all of these pages down as they are against the rules, it's easier to just go with the fan page, there's hardly any difference in how they operate, people are more inclined to Like a page than Friend it for the reasons mentioned above, and with a Fan Page you get so many stats of your customer base, age, sex, countries, who views it when, etc etc.

Printbob, I'd take the others advice. Just to let you know, I've liked "business bloomer" but won't be adding your business as a friend. Start again and try and get your friends to like your new page :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

cormie wrote: »
    Printbob, I'd take the others advice. Just to let you know, I've liked "business bloomer" but won't be adding your business as a friend. Start again and try and get your friends to like your new page :)

+1 I won't be adding companies as friends.

Done! I spent the last 30 minutes liking everybody (around 60 pages, excluding the ones didn't look active) - hope I didn't forget any!

Question: What's the best "Like Us" competition you've ever done?

Liked and thank you :) I think FB have a few new rules when it comes to competitions.

A business page can't add you as friend. As others have said it is against FB rules. A business page is easy to manage and also there are many benenfits be having one.

Thanks for the input lads. Where we are based and surrounding areas, almost all businesses operate with friend profiles. If you take a look at our friends, very many of them are infact businesses.

With the rules and such, maybe we will set up a business page instead, it's food for thought alright.

Also, I can assure you, nobody would dream of using it to look at other peoples personal info but I can see where youre coming from.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input lads. Where we are based and surrounding areas, almost all businesses operate with friend profiles. If you take a look at our friends, very many of them are infact businesses.

With the rules and such, maybe we will set up a business page instead, it's food for thought alright.

Also, I can assure you, nobody would dream of using it to look at other peoples personal info but I can see where youre coming from.

A lot of people are not aware or know how to set up a business page. There are more benefits to have a business page with "like" instead of add friend.

FB have made it much easier to set these up and manage plus you can also run advertising campaigns through FB with a page.

You also can have as many admins that you want who can log in from their personal page.

A lot of people are not aware or know how to set up a business page. There are more benefits to have a business page with "like" instead of add friend.

FB have made it much easier to set these up and manage plus you can also run advertising campaigns through FB with a page.

You also can have as many admins that you want who can log in from their personal page.

I think its difficulty in getting people to like your page that puts many people, including us, off! You really need a good competition or incentive to get things moving i reckon

I think its difficulty in getting people to like your page that puts many people, including us, off! You really need a good competition or incentive to get things moving i reckon

You actually won't know until you have set one up. From the comments left on Boards not too many are willing to add a a business page as a friend as that puts many off also. As previously mentioned it goes against FB rules and I would hate to think of the work you put into something only for them to remove your profile.

There actually was a page with a fair few likes about a year ago but its not around now. Must look into how it went and what happened with it! The whole deal that fb can delete an account is not good and is quite worrying.. Watch this space. I may have a new business page on at some point!

There actually was a page with a fair few likes about a year ago but its not around now. Must look into how it went and what happened with it! The whole deal that fb can delete an account is not good and is quite worrying.. Watch this space. I may have a new business page on at some point!

An example. Yes I know it's a massive brand but I am just showing you what can be achieved. With a normal page you can only have 5000 friends or something.

http://www.facebook.com/Kelloggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I had a page last year with 1,400 fans, took me 11 months to get to that point. I had to close it and start again (due to a name issue not because it was a profile page, it was a fan page) and that broke my heart, losing so many fans, one quarter came with me to the new page as I only had a few days notice before I had to shut it down, it took me 7 months to get back to the 1,000 mark and it's rising steadily again thank God. I don't understand people doing the profile page at all, I've seen so many businesses in the last few months having one of each page going for a while as they try to move before they shut down the wrong one and it's so confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If people could look here to see how to make

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Epic_Business/95956564874897987979 (who wants to remember these numbers?)
    into
    http://www.facebook.com/Epic_Business

This will allow you to put a sign of your facebook address on your wall, and people will remember it.

Seems you need a mobile number to do this for a business
    How can I secure usernames for my Pages?
    If you are an administrator of a Facebook Page, you will be able to choose your username at http://www.facebook.com/username just like a user selecting a username for their profile (timeline). There will be an interface for you to choose usernames for each of the eligible Pages you administer.

I tried to get a username for my Page but Facebook said the Page was not eligible. What are the requirements?
    If you were not able to get a username, your page may not be eligible to have a username at this time. Pages with more than 25 fans can get a username.

NOTE: BE CAREFUL WITH THE NAME. MESS UP WITH A TYPO, AND YOU'RE STUCK WITH IT :P

My fake business is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Test-Fitness/126782954095030 with my winter rep. Unfortunately the rep died two days later when the sun came up and melted him :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conmc88

Hey guys just went through the thread got all of the facebook pages i think ....any support on my page id really appreciate it

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chases-Grooming-Parlour/302325289784658?sk=wall

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has been through similar?

I'm helping somebody set up a facebook page at the moment, it's a bit complicated so bear with me..

Before I came, they had a personal profile set up and then a "business" profile too, a personal one, not a page. I advised to delete the business profile, which they did, and to set up a page.

After deleting the business profile and logging into the personal one, the email associated with the personal one isn't in use anymore and it prompted us to add a new email address, he added the email that was in use with the business profile and it still states that it's in use, even though the account has been deleted.

We skipped that step and went ahead to make the page, upon creating the page, it suggested similar and we discovered there was already a page for the business, however he didn't set it up, it was set up through foursquare, which must have been done by somebody who wanted to share that they checked into the place. The Foursquare page isn't claimed so we tried to claim it, using the email from the other account, but it said something about it being associated with another account again.

So at that stage, there were two pages, the foursquare one, and the one we just added, so we deleted the one we just added and I believe we now have to wait two weeks until the old business profile is gone from their cache or whatever it is that's holding the email, I hope it'll be gone after 2 weeks anyway, so then we can just claim the page through the same process.

So has anyone ever dealt with this before, both claiming a foursquare page and then setting up a new account with an email that was previously associated with another? Is it just a matter of waiting for their system to clear the email?

Any feedback appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ybbi

Hey All,
    I have only managed to get a couple of likes after Liking everybody else links. Really appreciate a couple of more if possible.

Cheers

ybbi wrote: »
    Hi All,

Spent the last hour 'Liking' all the business pages from my personal fb account so it would count and even some with my business!

I would appreciate if any could give me a like, I only have 43 at the minute and really need a few more!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Merchandise-Ireland-Limited/137117596349287

And please feel free to visit my website to see what I am about
    <snip>

Thanks in advance
    Donal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement