Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Magnet broadband particularly bad today (Sunday 30th January 2011).

• 30-01-2011 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if any other Magnet Broadband customers are experiencing problems today (i.e. worse than usual). I'm in their Dundrum exchange, Dublin.

Overall my broadband has been terrible since I switched nearly a year ago, but today it come and goes every minute or so. I'm trying to do some study/research online but it's getting frustrating.

I google something, it returns options, I clink on one, and I get a connection error. On and off all day long.

I've got used to not logging on from 18:00 to about 20:00 as this window is terrible, due to contention, I assume. I was attraced to Magnet by the "no contention" sales blurb, only to be informed after I became a customer that this did not apply to my exchange :(

But I've been online (and offline and online and offline) since about 10:00 and it's be on and off like a hoor's knickers.

Sound familar to anyone?

Is today worse than normal?

(Oh yeah, now I have to copy and paste this to Notepad, incase I lose it due to connection problems)

Advertisement