Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

javier hernandez v marouane chamakh v mario balotelli

• 30-01-2011 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

So whos is the best of the new premier league strikers and which will go on to be the best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Chico because he plays for United obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Hernandez and its not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ugh, not another versus thread :(

Hernandez for my money; he's going to be world class. That finish yesterday was top drawer. And he has a top drawer full of similar ones this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gareth Bale obv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If it turns into an all out fight i would fancy Balotelli,win easy in fact!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Chico so far by quite a bit, though if Balotelli were to sort out his head I feel he'd go on to be the better player of the three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Balotelli could be an absolute superstar, but from this season?

Hernandez obv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Mario is the most talented know question, Chico applies himself better and works harder.
    Balotelli will end up been known as the striker who could have, if he doesn't have an attitude transplant.
    I think Chico will have a great career at United as long as there are players like Giggs, Nani and Valencia in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

So whos is the best of the new premier league strikers and which will go on to be the best?
    Carroll. Followed by Chico. Although I believe Balotelli will become the best out of all the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Chamakh's more effective than the other two at the moment imo, but he's older and already at his peak, whereas the other two have much more potential to fulfill before they are the finished article.

Balotelli has more natural ability than the other two combined, pity he has the mental capacity of a 3 year old though.

So by process of elimination, Hernandez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

i think ballotelli is going to turn out like antonio cassano, moving clubs frequently and getting into fights with management & team mates, he's not worth the baggage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

This season, Hernandez but overall i think Ballotelli will be a better player.

Chico Appreciation Thread it is then. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Balotelli is an enigma. you just dont know what your going to get.
    Chamahk started great but seems to have been confined to the bench now with RVP return.
    So Chico is now the man. Has great pace, makes effective runs, solid workrate and most importantly is a super finisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Balotelli is never going to let go of that ego and for that reason little pea will always be the better player, I can't comment on Chamakh.

Chico is humble, full of enthusiasm and doesn't throw the toys out of the pram every time he has an issue. He is the epitome of what you want to see in a modern day professional footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Don't United have the best manager and best fans and the best stadium and best songs and best former players and best players now in every position in the world?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Don't United have the best manager and best fans and the best stadium and best songs and best former players and best players now in every position in the world?

Clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

You said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

we do what we want

Don't you have something to contribute to the thread other than spite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

If you look at it in terms of player stats:

Balotelli:
    • Hats: 8/10
    • Hair: Occasionally 10/10, mostly 7/10
    • Name: 8/10
    • Snood: 9/10
    • Total: 35-32/40

Chicharito:
    • Name: 9/10
    • Looks like a lesbian: 10/10
    • Mexican: 10/10
    • Scored a goal yesterday: 10/10
    • Total: 39/40

Chamakh
    • Snood: 10/10
    • Name: 9/10
    • Hair: 6/10
    • Knows Bendtner: 10/10
    • Total: 35/40

Chicharito just about edges it, but Balotelli could easily turn it around with a few solid hats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well duh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bantee wrote: »
    Hernandez and its not even close.

United fan I presume.

Hernandez is a good finisher and has the potential to be a great poacher but Balotelli is more an all round footballer.

Not sure why Chamakh is here. At 26 he's probably already as good as he ever will be.

Suarez

Chico is way better at the 619 than the other two,he wins all round!!

rey.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Suarez

Suarez hasnt played yet and I wonder who will do better suarez or dzeko?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Xavi6 wrote: »
    United fan I presume.

Hernandez is a good finisher and has the potential to be a great poacher but Balotelli is more an all round footballer.

Not sure why Chamakh is here. At 26 he's probably already as good as he ever will be.

Yea but his attitude stinks, he already thinks he is one of the best 2 or 3 players in the world

Yea but his attitude sticks, he already thinks he is one of the best 2 or 3 players in the world

So did CR7 when he was like 12 or something........
    Self belief is no harm,he just gotta reproduce it regulary

Yea but his attitude stinks, he already thinks he is one of the best 2 or 3 players in the world

Exactly, his talent will never be worth a damn unless he can get his head right, I agree though, that if he did, he would be the better all round player.

But i just can't see that happening any time soon, not even the special one could tame him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Anyway Prem stats:

Chico 16(9) apps(subs) and 7 goals & 1 assist

173cm and 62kg 1/6/88

Chamakh 20(3) and 7 goals & 4 assists

182cm and 70kg 10/1/84

Batoli 9(2) and 5 goals & 0 assists

188cm and 80kg 12/8/90

All very similar

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

dahat wrote: »

But Ronaldo was one of the best players in the world at that age.
    Anyway Prem stats:

Chico 16(9) apps(subs) and 7 goals & 1 assist

173cm and 62kg 1/6/88

Chamakh 20(3) and 7 goals & 4 assists

182cm and 70kg 10/1/84

Batoli 9(2) and 5 goals & 0 assists

188cm and 80kg 12/8/90

All very similar

Batoli has eaten more pies than the others too by those stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

There's a huge difference between Balotelli and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is hugely dedicated, Balotelli has been known to not turn up for training.

There's a huge difference between Balotelli and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is hugely dedicated, Balotelli has been known to not turn up to training.

Yes i know,my point was about his self belief not the application of his talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Andy Carroll. ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Chicharito:
    • Looks like a lesbian: 10/10
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNxBj0NRryvLnHMEtI_BpCf5Ap8KtFRVeusfNPQKnAtMcgoih_

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXMe3sOA-N_tsWlmpaIOY6sbHK7vP3NaRvCKRRFhArrgYtLGgO

Nice thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hernandez is the best at the minute.

Balotelli could become one of the best players in world football if he had the right attitude, but he doesn't give a **** so I can't see it happening.

Hernandez is the answer to both of the OP's questions IMO, simply because of Balotelli's attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I dunno. An awful lot of people writing off Balotelli. He would thrive in the right environment.

#15 wrote: »
    I dunno. An awful lot of people writing off Balotelli. He would thrive in the right environment.

Havin a toss in front of the t.v watching himself score a hat trick on FIFA 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What sort of environment is that though, because he doesn't seem to be able to get on with people at all and that's not a good characteristic to have in a team sport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Paully D wrote: »
    What sort of environment is that though, because he doesn't seem to be able to get on with people at all and that's not a good characteristic to have in a team sport?

No it's not. But I don't think it's as simple as not being able to get on with anyone. There may be an underlying issue that hasn't been dealt with. Who knows really?
    At Inter he was subject to racist abuse by opposing fans and was a bit lazy. Not a good mix but both problems can be solved
    1) Play in a less racist environment
    2) Put in more effort

Not insurmountable. City doesn't seem the ideal environment for him.

If it ever falls into place for him, he'll be a monster of a player.

I just don't think anyone should be writing off such a young and talented player at this stage. It's possible that he'll turn it around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No it's not. But I don't think it's as simple as not being able to get on with anyone. There may be an underlying issue that hasn't been dealt with. Who knows really?
    At Inter he was subject to racist abuse by opposing fans and was a bit lazy. Not a good mix but both problems can be solved
    1) Play in a less racist environment
    2) Put in more effort

Not insurmountable. City doesn't seem the ideal environment for him.

If it ever falls into place for him, he'll be a monster of a player.

I just don't think anyone should be writing off such a young and talented player at this stage. It's possible that he'll turn it around.

No where will ever seem the ideal environment for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Balotelli has missed a lot of this season through injury so it is a bit unfair to judge him on his 11 games in all competitions this season, he has scored 9 goals in those 11 games which is very good. He is also the youngest of the 3 at 20 and has also won 3 Scudetti, 1 Coppa Italia and 1 Champions League so far, which is more than both Hernandez and Chamakh put together. For me he is the best and most proven of the 3 at this moment in time, I also think he has the most potential to develop as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If Ballotelli matures mentally, he could be an amazing player, but he needs to do a lot of growing up before he realises his potential. He has unreal physicality, he's huge and very quick and he can finish, so he has the raw talent to succeed.

Chamakh is good, but not great. I like him but I wouldn't like to have him starting for United.

Chico's a legend. He's a great finisher and ridiculously quick, if he keeps his mind focused he's gonna be brilliant.

Who would I prefer to see playing for United on Tuesday night? Chico without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

Balotelli has more natural ability than the other two combined, pity he has the mental capacity of a 3 year old though.

+1 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Personally I think Balotelli will be a star no matter where he goes. Even with all his problems I'd gladly take him at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Xavi6 wrote: »
    United fan I presume.

City fan I presume?

For the record I think they are about the same at the moment. For the fiture, Balotelli has more raw potential, but Hernandez is a much safer bet to have an excellent career

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Balotelli could be one of the best in the world if he sorted his attitude out. But I'm going to forget about him until he does that. Maybe a move to a less crowded club would suit him.

Chamakh I really like. Very fast, skillful, good shot and good in the air. But he's a bit old to be expecting him to get much better.

Chicharito has the makings of a world class goal poacher. And he's at a team where he'll be able to develop into that role. I'd put money on him being the most successful of the three.

Andy Carroll deserves to be in this thread. He's a fantastic prospect. But he's at a slight disadvantage because of his off field madness and because of being at a circus club. Hopefully he finds himself at a big club with a manager who can steady him. If that happened I think he would become a great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

hernandez for what hes done so far, coupled with the fee he was signed for.
    makes him the best all rounder of the three so far this season,i want to see more of him.

said it in the matchday thread yesterday,i ****ing love him.
    there,i said it,again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Based on this season's form (and not Football Manager) Chicharito hands down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Can we please get a ban on the term CR7 please?
    It really really annoys me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement