Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV... overrated?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Did anyone else find that the game was very 'dark'? -As in the actual graphics.Every thing seemed, well.....dark!

yeah I noticed this aswell, it always seemed hard to look at compared to San Andreas which was nice and bright.

I stuck San Andreas into the 360 for the first time the other day to have a mess around and I was wondering where my saved games had gone to:confused: only to remember that it was on the old xbox:o:pac:.

San Andreas was great craic to play to, it was fun. I use to love jumping into one of the jets if I needed to go anywhere and fly as high as I could and jump out and land in the middle of the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Did anyone else find that the game was very 'dark'? -As in the actual graphics.Every thing seemed, well.....dark!

Yeah. On one of Jacobs first mission I got stuck in an alleyway and couldn't find my way out. But I just adjusted the display setting for brightness and it was fine then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Barrington is spot on, the default settings make it nearly impossible to see anything.

Fiddle around with them till you get the settings right or its impossible to play.

Seems GTA4 doesn't have too many fans on boards yet San Andreas does, I cant understand this, I thought the whole thing of going to the gym with your character to get him bulked up and changing his haircuts and tatoos was just...sad!

Put me off the whole game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I cannot understand the positive reaction to the environment. its just a bunch of blocks, when you look at it. most buildings are inaccessible. all you have is the street to roam in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Marsden wrote: »
    Seems GTA4 doesn't have too many fans on boards yet San Andreas does, I cant understand this, I thought the whole thing of going to the gym with your character to get him bulked up and changing his haircuts and tatoos was just...sad!

Put me off the whole game.

I disliked most of the customisation too. The car customisation especially, which just felt tacked on. I also disliked the stats and having to eat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement