Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AAI National 30k Racewalk Championship - New National Record

• 30-01-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Robert Heffernan (Togher AC) set a new Irish National Record of 2:07:58 for the 30k walk this morning, in pretty cold conditions. The temperature at the start (10am) was -4C and just +2C when it finished.

There are a small no. of photos, from the start and after about 1.5k here (My camera batteries packed up, so great intentions were twarted :o )

Apologies to the other competitors for lack of results. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Condo131 wrote: »
    Robert Heffernan (Togher AC) set a new Irish National Record of 2:07:58 for the 30k walk this morning, in pretty cold conditions. The temperature at the start (10am) was -4C and just +2C when it finished.

Phenomonal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Love the grafitti backdrop Condo!

Would these races be as closely scrutinised as Euro Champs, Olympics etc, presume they would?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

eliwallach wrote: »
    Love the grafitti backdrop Condo!

Would these races be as closely scrutinised as Euro Champs, Olympics etc, presume they would?

Re: Grafitti
    Yeah, spotted that later. I gather that Simon & Garfunkel had a similar problem with a day long photoshoot, for one of their albums, in the New York subway. When they were wrapping up, somebody spotted the suggestion "F#@k Off" on the subway wall.

Judges, yeah, there were plenty of them out today, roving around the course, with several disqualifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭opus

I managed to catch the tail end of it when I was out for a run yesterday, would have gone out earlier but decided to wait 'til the temp got above zero :)

Going by that pace for the 30km & assuming he could keep it up, he'd be able to 'walk' a sub three hour marathon I think!

Advertisement