Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Camera Sign- Ratoath to Dunshaughlin??

Options
  • 30-01-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Was on the Ratoath to Dunshaughliun road today on the bike and noticed a speed camera sign just outside the GAA pitch.

Anyone know anything about this? Didn't see a speed camera the whole way to Dunshaughlin.

Cheers,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Saw it myself today,
    One on the Fairyhouse road too.
    The ratoath to dunshaughlin road is 80kph from the GAA club to the bad bend near dunshaughlin which IMO is plenty for that road so if ya get caught over that you deserve the points and the fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

Thanks for your input, but was hoping not to turn this thread into a "speeders are idiots" thread.

:rolleyes:
    Not my intent just my opinion.
    Don't speed and you wont have anything to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

As far as I know those signs are in places where those new speed vans could be. I might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

The BIG van was over beside rotoath yesterday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Yeah they've started putting them up in the new enforcement zones. There's one on the Trim Road from Navan too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

k_mac wrote: »
    Yeah they've started putting them up in the new enforcement zones. There's one on the Trim Road from Navan too.

Yep and on the R154 between Trim and Dublin also.

It's like Signs-R-Us now between the new traffic camera signs, and the local road signs that have popped up all over Meath like "L478234672347628789676". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

from ratoath head for dunshaughlin, by the gaa pitch, by donnellys cross and they park the camera van just before the S bend in on the right hand side. It's the only safe place on the road for them to put it, was there sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Two vans on this road this morning,

Passed one at 05:30 this morning
    Spotted it hidden under the clonee flyover just before the M3 ends.
    Dunsaughlin to Ratoath road seems to be a favourite haunt for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Ratoath to Dunboyne road twice this week, halfway between Fairyhouse and the old N3 roundabout. Was parked at the bus Eireann bus stops on either side of the road.

Advertisement