Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC desks - Ergonomic if possible

• 30-01-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this thread is ok here since i'm specifically looking for a nice PC desk rather than an office desk. Ive searched a bunch of these threads and got some ideas but a lot of them were based on low budget ones.

I work on the PC a good few hours a day and i'm currently using a large table which is approx 6 inches higher than my knees when i'm sitting down. Obviously i have the keyboard and mouse on the table. Now the problem with the mouse is when i use it my elbow sits off the table without support, i can rest it on the chair armrests but it doesn't feel natural so my right shoulder is killing me from the strain.

I need a big desk, something like this with extra room http://www.huntoffice.ie/ashford-right-hand-desk-metal-leg-crescent-with-desk-high-pedestal-asha-ct1612rdhp3.html as ill probably have a 3 monitor setup, printer, laptop, ipad, scanner, notepad, desklamp etc.

So i'm willing to pay probably up to €600 at the most but i want a desk thats going to be the right height and comfortable, i have an adjustable chair but this current desk is too high. The desk i linked to is probably fine and possibly the one ill go for but i was hoping people would have other suggestions, L or U shaped for the extra space is preferred but something modern would be nice too. I could also go slightly bigger than the one linked to but if i need extra space another set of drawers to hold the printer/scanner should do the job.

I have an ergonomic keyboard and its brilliant but if i dont solve this problem with my shoulder soon its probably going to get worse, i literally feel like Ive no power in it sometimes and have to take a 10 minute break.

If there is a better place than hunt.ie id appreciate links but they look to have a good selection compared with most. Also i would be willing to travel anywhere between galway/dublin/athlone or the surrounding areas if there is a place with a big selection or that has a lot of the bigger type of tables im looking for rather than just low budget ones.

One last thing, i might upgrade my chair, Ive always just got something within the €150 range, is there chairs out there that just make you go WOW this was worth the money or is there little difference as you spend more. Suggestions in the €200-400 range maybe. might go higher if there is a real wow factor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tbh, Ergonomics is how you sit and use your work area.

Most good desks will be 72cm high, from personal experience something like this is best. Simple and plain with plenty of space under the desk. Compared to the desk you linked to which because of the fixed cabinet has ruled out effective use of the right hand side.

Advertisement