Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C64 : Enclave

• 30-01-2011 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find out info on a game that I came across on an old C64 cassette tape compilation just now.

So far all I've been able to establish is the game was called "Enclave" and that it was defo released prior to 1988 (I'm guessing 1987 as most of the other games on the tape are from this year). It was probably from a budget title range to (eg Mastertronic, Big Bug, Creative Sparks etc) as most of the other titles on the tape are such..

Does this description ring any bells for anyone. This game is the final piece of a puzzle that's been bugging me for 20 years now so to get the answer would be great. All answers gratefully received.

(forgot to say, have looked in some of the usual c64 sources and couldn't find anything).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

From routing around it seems it was published in 1987 by Nationsoft.

Any of this look familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭Worztron

The C64 was my first computer. The Dizzy games were amongst my favorite. Happy days. :pac:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Worztron wrote: »
    The C64 was my first computer. The Dizzy games were amongst my favorite. Happy days. :pac:
    Treasure Island Dizzy was always my favourite.

Only 1 life and no energy bar made it tough though.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Treasure Island Dizzy was always my favourite.

Only 1 life and no energy bar made it tough though.

Yes. If it at least it had an energy bar it would have been more fair. Also the scrolling inventory system was odd – all in all though still a great game. My fave Dizzy game was Fantasy World Dizzy. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

http://www.lemon64.com/ is another great site that gives info on C64 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Worztron wrote: »
    Yes. If it at least it had an energy bar it would have been more fair. Also the scrolling inventory system was odd – all in all though still a great game. My fave Dizzy game was Fantasy World Dizzy. :)
    ]
    Meant needing some serious inventory management skills. You did not want to accidentally pick something up under water and drop your snorkel and die.

Was Fantasy World Dizzy the one with the horrible invisible maze? That used to always drive me nuts as jumping was frustrating enough when you could see the platforms you were supposed to be jumping on.

DinoRex wrote: »
    ]
    Meant needing some serious inventory management skills. You did not want to accidentally pick something up under water and drop your snorkel and die.

Was Fantasy World Dizzy the one with the horrible invisible maze? That used to always drive me nuts as jumping was frustrating enough when you could see the platforms you were supposed to be jumping on.

Yes, the snorkel inventory accident was a tricky one. I recall an upside world. Yeah I think it had the invisible platforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

gizmo wrote: »
    From routing around it seems it was published in 1987 by Nationsoft.

Any of this look familiar?

Thanks. That seems to be the one. Would love to see some gameplay from it just to be sure.

Advertisement