Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does O2 Speakeasy credit expire?

Options
  • 30-01-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Hi.

How long does O2 phone credit last? Do I need to send a text or make a phone call at least once every 6 months? Do I need to top up at least once every 6 months also? Would similar expiry rules apply to Meteor & Vodafone also. Does it matter whether you have pay as you go or bill pay credit?
    I sent O2 an email ages ago but have not got a reply.

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

One chargeable call or text every 6 months keeps your account active. The credit is never lost unlike other networks. A €5 topup could last years if you wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Can I add to that question and ask - Does their bonus credit disappear after time or is added on as regular credit with no expiry?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nope, dont think it does iirc. The only thing that does is topup vouchers that haven't been activated on the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Actually as far as I know, and remember it happening to myself, say you are supposed to get €10 every month for 6 months when you top-up by €20, if you miss a month, that bonus credit is gone also, so say you get the phone and top-up the first month...........you get the credit. Then, leave the number for 6 months, top-up again, and no bonus as they are all expired

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Actually as far as I know, and remember it happening to myself, say you are supposed to get €10 every month for 6 months when you top-up by €20, if you miss a month, that bonus credit is gone also, so say you get the phone and top-up the first month...........you get the credit. Then, leave the number for 6 months, top-up again, and no bonus as they are all expired

That's ok. I was thinking more along the lines of the bonus credit itself expiring after you get it - i.e. that you would have to use it up in the month you get it or it goes away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement