Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3v in Galway city

Options
  • 28-03-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, where can I get 3V vouchers around Galway? Do all Spar shops sell em? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I get mine in Vivo.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

think that list might be out of date, have had difficulty getting 3V vouchers in some of the shops a few months back?

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

vivo and that newsagents beside the living room

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cookes on rahoon road also do them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lee72

thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

The newsagents beside the living room does not do 3v any more. I went in looking for 3v credit about a month ago and was told that they dont do 3v any more.

I get my credit in vivo now (vivo is a shop up the road from Ricardsons).

Its such a pity that theres only a few places that does 3v now.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Vivo , Newsweek (That shop on the corner opposite Kebab Klub and the O2 store on the square) and Squareyes [ii] on Forster Street near the Park House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Kieo

some easons shops do 3v now. just look up 3v.ie for retail outlets that do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Hi guys, I tried to find any similar thread to this but the most recent I found was over a year old.

Just wondering what places in Galway city are selling 3v credit at the moment? I know that there's a list on the 3v website, but it hasn't been updated in years and I've been into several places on that list across the country that have told me they no longer do 3v credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I got 3v credit recently enough in Happy Days (newsagent in the Galway shopping centre that has Tesco and O'Briens and all that). They are more or less beside Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 OldAtHeart

That shop beside eddie rockets on Eglington st does 3V, Paperbox or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Vivo, Prospect Hill
    McIsaacs, Bridge St

spring to mind as city centre locations, but not used them for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Caitlinn

Londis in Newcastle do them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

O'learys in salthill do them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Only two places in the City Centre that seem to do them anymore are Gala Express on Prospect Hill and Squareyes on Forster St.

MacIsaacs don't do them anymore. In fact, they haven't done them in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

jd007 wrote: »
    Bazzo wrote: »
    ... I know that there's a list on the 3v website, but it hasn't been updated in years ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

^^ I should start reading posts fully and stop skimming threw them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Only two places in the City Centre that seem to do them anymore are Gala Express on Prospect Hill and Squareyes on Forster St.

MacIsaacs don't do them anymore. In fact, they haven't done them in a long time.

pretty much that quoting for extra coverage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

Anywhere with payzone with the exception of topaz. there payzone is only for the toll

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

Anywhere with payzone

Untruth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Columc wrote: »
    pretty much that quoting for extra coverage

Huh?
    Anywhere with payzone with the exception of topaz. there payzone is only for the toll

Nah, every man and his dog has Payzone. Very few of them sell 3V vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Huh?

Just requote what you said as those are the only places in the city that do it. Think of it as a RT? because generally when i look through threads i dont read everything, just people quotes and thanked topics ect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Slightly on topic, was looking at prepaid options for ryanair booking, as they have switched from visa to MasterCard..someone suggested possibly using the prepaid Galway shopping centre gift MasterCard. I know some of these gift ones work and some don't with ryanair. Has anyone booked with these? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Huge thread about em in Bargain Alerts @ Inishboffin. Read to the end though as some of ones that originally worked dont anymore. I think the Galway one is still inconclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Huge thread about em in Bargain Alerts @ Inishboffin. Read to the end though as some of ones that originally worked dont anymore. I think the Galway one is still inconclusive.

Bargain alerts the forum I assume you mean? Yeah, I googled and found some boards links alright, but yeah, Galway one was inconclusive, so just wondered if anyone in the Galway forum booked recently, as it seems to change.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was in Gala Prospect Hill earlier and they had a sticker for some prepaid MasterCard on the window. Dont know anymore though.

Advertisement