Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3v in Galway city

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cazkeady

Can anyone tell me of any shops around Galway city that are definitely still doing 3V vouchers? Have tried so many places today and cant seem to find 1 at all.... Have checked the 3V website but it hasnt been updated in ages.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Happy Days in the Galway Shopping Centre (next to Xtravision) still do them. They are the only place I found in Galway. Edit: Last time I got one there was in May this year.

I also visited 5 or 6 from their 'Where to buy' list on their website and they either didn't sell them or never had sold them. I think 3V have simply copied & pasted the list of PayZone places but many of those don't do 3V (for whatever reason I don't know). But the list is fairly useless as I found out in frustration too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Spar in Roscam is where I top up my card from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

They're website is well out of date, it still shows Extravision in Ballybane, which has been closed for months, and even when it was open, when I asked, didn't do them anymore. I recently walked to Doughiska to the Centra shop, and while they do do it, I had problems there, even with a recently issued card. I had success at the new Gala shop in Ballybane, opposite the library, just a minutes walk from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

cazkeady wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me of any shops around Galway city that are definitely still doing 3V vouchers? Have tried so many places today and cant seem to find 1 at all.... Have checked the 3V website but it hasnt been updated in ages.....

Lohans off license in Salthill are doing them definitely, got one there last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

cazkeady wrote: »

The little shop on Eglinton street, I think it's called the Newsbox. I was getting them there up until recently but I just got a Visa Debit card sent out to me by BOI so I guess I don't need them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you're using it to fund a Paypal account, you can do an internet bank transfer to PP instead (from AIB anyway). It does take 3 days to get there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The Centra on the Dublin road does them still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cazkeady

I've just got back on to this since yesterday afternoon, thank you all for your help. I went wandering around town myself after work and finally got it back in Farraghers Shop (across from The Crane) on Sea Road. The 3V site is well out of date alrite. They say on it "if you find a shop mapped which is actually not selling 3V Vouchers, we would be grateful if could email or call us". I sent one yesterday at lunch time with a nice list on it, they'll be getting another one from me today with a lot more on it.....

Advertisement