Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Kong Company on Facebook & Beat 102-103

• 30-01-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Folks,

those of us who are old enough to remember 30,000 people on the quays at the turn of the millenium, and who used frequent the gigs in The Roxy and Garter Lane, might be interested in the news King Kong Company have put together some new material for the first time in a decade.

It's a re-edit of Dr. Whom and will debut on Irish Beats on Beat 102103 this evening (Sunday).

They will also debut a new video to go with the track this Thursday on their Facebook page;

www.facebook.com/KingKongCompany.

Regards,
    Luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

Just heard that track will be played at 7.20pm (ish) on www.Beat102103.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I remember NYE 99 down the quay alright,i was all of 19 with so much hope and aspirations in my eyes,my whole life was ahead of me 'what will i do' 'where in the world will i go' 'im in the prime of my life',i must grab the bull by the horns and leave this city and venture into the big open world,there is so much for me to see and to do, and to learn,so many questions i was asking.............
    But then I said fuck it lets get 12 Dutch Gold and head down to The King Kong Company....I haven't looked back since:D

It was a deadly night,i forgot all about them,it will be good to hear it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Ah feck it, i missed it! Didn't know it was on. Are they back together again or is it old stuff? The memories...........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

mrgardener wrote: »
    Ah feck it, i missed it! Didn't know it was on. Are they back together again or is it old stuff? The memories...........:D

Yeah they are back together,i heard the song on beat its not bad,its the doc who tune the had years ago remastered,the video is being released @6pm on Thursday on there facebook page.

Yeah they are back together,i heard the song on beat its not bad,its the doc who tune the had years ago remastered,the video is being released @6pm on Thursday on there facebook page.

Cheers dude. First the madrigal, now king kong company, god bless the recession for forcing all these starving musicians back together again!

• Advertisement

There's no gigs planned at present, but will be releasing material on their Facebook page over the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 aleybert

sweet!

Their first video is now up on their Facebook page

"Bizarre but brilliant" is one of the reviews

www.facebook.com/KingKongCompany

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

MrLuke wrote: »
    Their first video is now up on their Facebook page

"Bizarre but brilliant" is one of the reviews

www.facebook.com/KingKongCompany

Great to see them back

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Their new song is on Facebook. Its class.
    http://www.facebook.com/KingKongCompany
    Rumour has it they are have been offered a few of the big festival slots.

This Summer could be a good one for local bands, O Emperor are heading off to the states for a few gigs: www.oemperor.com/

Recently I saw a band called Trousersnake - very impressed!

Waterford a producing excellent acts at the moment.

• Advertisement

King Kong Company have been releasing a track and music video every month since February. Many will remember the band from their first incarnation 1996 - 2001, the first two videos accompanied re-edits of tracks from this era - Dr Whom and Free The Marijuana.

However, April's track - Acetate, is brand new and has been going down a storm on their Facebook page. The video is below, and check out Facebook and Youtube for more.

Like us..... www.facebook.com/KingKongCompany
    Watch us.. www.youtube.com/KingKongCo

MrLuke wrote: »
    King Kong Company have been releasing a track and music video every month since February. Many will remember the band from their first incarnation 1996 - 2001, the first two videos accompanied re-edits of tracks from this era - Dr Whom and Free The Marijuana.

However, April's track - Acetate, is brand new and has been going down a storm on their Facebook page. The video is below, and check out Facebook and Youtube for more.

Like us..... www.facebook.com/KingKongCompany
    Watch us.. www.youtube.com/KingKongCo

Yeh, I posted on their facebook page. Best thing I heard in yonks - but WHY wont they play a gig?
    Hang on.....they're not the mystery act for this Waterford gig?:D

Lol, no they're not the mystery act.

They guy's aren't rushing to do a gig, but, tbh, I'd like to hear them put out another half dozen tracks as good as Acetate first.

King Kong Company's new track for the month of May.

I POP

Advertisement