Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

false advertising?

• 30-01-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

recently bought an asus motherboard and processor bundle and the motherboard that came with it was different from the one advertised on the outside of the box. for instance the box claimed 4 memory slots and 4 sata ports but the motherboard that came in the box only had 2 of each. is this false advertising and what can i do about it? can i contact asus directly and ask that they sent me the correct motherboard?
    all help appreciated,
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i would contact the shop / online store you purchased it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheW

the thing is tho is that i got this on a really good deal, so id prefer if i could get the actual motherboard that i should have rather than just my money back.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Was this online or from a shop? I know PCWorld do those Asus bundles (and in some branches have heavily discounted the older ones) and I wouldn't put it past some of the employees to either accidentally or maliciously put cheaper hardware in the box...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

When you buy something from a shop online or bricks and mortar a contract is formed.

The shop was contracted to supply 4 memory slots and 4 sata ports. You got something different.

You can either accept they goods if your happy or reject them and send them back. If you bought online you have 10 days to do this under the distance selling rules aka "cooling off period" and get a full refund.

Bricks and mortar shop 28 days with along with your receipt. Goods need to be returned in an unused state.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Probably a different motherboard of course. What was the model of the one you paid for and the one in the box? The motherboard should carry the name of it on the board itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement