Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Modifications (LSD & Suspension)

Options
  • 30-01-2011 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Bit of information needed here.

Is it true that having a Fully Customisable Suspension Kit & LSD can make you car handle much better, especially around corners ?

In the past day I've being given two cars, (Alfa 8C and CLK touring) and I was shocked at how well they handled, especially the 8C which I'm sure has being adjusted a bit.

I know the touring cars are expected to handle well so before anyone tells me I already know.

I have a few cars here that I would love to be able to handle better. A 2007 Impreza, Skyline R34 and an M5. There are more but these main three for the moment.

Any help ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah some cars are just a bitch to drive without doing the adjustments, i didnt do any at all on the CLK, also some cars can have aero parts added in the GTauto shop, they add downforce and can dramatically improve the handling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

guil wrote: »
    yeah some cars are just a bitch to drive without doing the adjustments, i didnt do any at all on the CLK, also some cars can have aero parts added in the GTauto shop, they add downforce and can dramatically improve the handling

I never actually looked to see if anything was done to it, i just assumed as it handled to well. I wonder how good it would be if it was modified :D

Usually I couldn't be arsed but I do want to make sure that this Skyline that I want to use for a 300k endurance will be fun to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

takes a fair bit of work to fine tune per track but yeah, it can assist you, a fine example of this is doing the Grand turismo rally, the gravel track, with a light rwd car and no aids whatsoever, do it stock, then put in race/sport suspention and a lsd, do it then take that load out then just knock up the power like most do.

you'll be surprized...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭4g92mit

I found this http://www.gt5-tuning.com/index.php?title=Category:Models
    handy for tuning the cars listed. I still might do some minor changes myself but its a good start & its the best Ive found so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

I end up coming across the tuning forum over at GT Planet and have found it to be a great help.

So far I've found this crowed to be one of the best for tuning.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136731

• Advertisement
Advertisement