Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have a breeze block house

• 30-01-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

House is 10yrs old and baton'd on the inside with what looks like 2x2" with fibre glass in between and then slabed/skimmed as the final finish. I presume if it is a breeze block construction this is the cheaper way of building a house compared with two layers of 4" solids with insulation inbetween. Is there any for's/against's between the two types beside cost factor?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭brendankelly

I would be surprised if they are breeze blocks. My bet would be they are 9 inch cavity blocks. If you measure the thickness at the door you will know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Grand job BK, anyone enlighten me ups and downs between the two types of construction.
    Cavity's/baton's/slab
    Two layers of solids with insulation in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

by the sounds of it your house is drylined its commonly done for extra insulation. i got mine done a few years ago but used insulated slabs screwed onto 2x2 batons. the fibreglass does the same job.
    if i were you i would go ask whoever built your house or bought it from for a detailed construction plan so you can find out more info on the building methods used

Advertisement