Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl/Silvercrest electric blanket query

Options
  • 30-01-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hey all- So I got a fleecy electric blanket from Lidl (brand Silvercrest) back in Oct or Nov. Anyway, it no longer works (despite the fact it was well looked after, not used more than normal- even tried changing the fuse!), but the box says there's a 3 year warranty. Any idea if I can do anything about it? Couldn't find any warranty info in my box.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bring back it to Lidl - your contract is with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Lidl will just refund you. No quibble. They don't repair or replace usually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Lidl will just refund you. No quibble. They don't repair or replace usually.

If they have the same product in stock they will replace if you want to, they won't force you to take a new electric blanket if they happened to have it in as a special that week, the two times I had to make a return there was no problems, getting a refund once and a replacement the second time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Stinicker wrote: »
    If they have the same product in stock they will replace if you want to, they won't force you to take a new electric blanket if they happened to have it in as a special that week, the two times I had to make a return there was no problems, getting a refund once and a replacement the second time round.
    Just to clarify why I said they usually don't replace. The weekly offer items are rarely in stock a week after they go on sale, so months later is highly unlikely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Just to clarify why I said they usually don't replace. The weekly offer items are rarely in stock a week after they go on sale, so months later is highly unlikely.

Of course, but those weekly special offers are repeated two or three times again and they nearly always have the same generic silvercrest/medion products. In my case it was a Satellite FTA box that went faulty and the following week they had it in again and I asked them to hold one back for me when I returned the faulty one and they did. Those boxes are pretty poor anyway and I subsequently gave it away to a cousin a few months later and got a proper High-Def receiver.

• Advertisement
Advertisement