Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx Waterford

• 30-01-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭

Hi there - maybe this has been covered elsewhere but couldn't find quick link - anyway visited the new TK Maxx this weekend when in Waterford and have to say I was major disappointed.

Judging by the lack of people there I guess others feel the same ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I feel indifferent about it myself. What was it that disappointed you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Well they are in a much smaller premises and dont have the same selection of stock particularly in their home / bags section. The other store was soooo big I was always guaranteed to poke something out there but not anymore I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Haven't been in the new one. Heard a few people saying they don't like it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

welcome back SB;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Don't think the size of store has anything to do with it the previous store on the cork road was going down hill as in decent stock was heard to find. I wish the new location was a m+s to be honest supermarket and clothes shop :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

1966 wrote: »
    Hi there - maybe this has been covered elsewhere but couldn't find quick link - anyway visited the new TK Maxx this weekend when in Waterford and have to say I was major disappointed.

Judging by the lack of people there I guess others feel the same ???

Every time I go in there the place is always packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

seanybiker wrote: »
    Haven't been in the new one. Heard a few people saying they don't like it though.

Lot of people shopping in there that never shopped in TKMaxx before because of where it was. There are far more people now in walking distance of the shop. Obviously, anyone who found the previous store convenient is going to find the new store inconvenient.

I would say there is a bigger mix of people in there now, whereas before it was mainly reasonably affluent people because of its relative inaccessibility. After all, a lot of what they sell is reasonably priced so pretty much anyone can afford to shop there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have heard it is doing exceptionally well, It is the tidiest one i've ever been in.

On the other hand, the idiots that keep parking on the kerb outside will be responsible for a pedestrians demise some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I haven't really bothered with it much since it moved, prior to that pretty much every second item of clothing/footwear we owned came from TK Maxx.

Just find the new store too small and pokey for what they have crammed into it, if it's any way busy you can't move as the aisles are so narrow, and the quality of stock is gone way downhill. I don't see the mix of people frequenting it as having changed though since the move? There weren't that many "affluent" people going there from what I remember :confused:
    Although I haven't been in there since just before xmas so maybe things have changed in the past month.

It's actual location doesn't appeal to me either, as I'm one of those people who tends to try to avoid parking up in the centre of town :p I prefer to go to places where parking is provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

echosound wrote: »
    I haven't really bothered with it much since it moved, prior to that pretty much every second item of clothing/footwear we owned came from TK Maxx.

Just find the new store too small and pokey for what they have crammed into it, if it's any way busy you can't move as the aisles are so narrow, and the quality of stock is gone way downhill. I don't see the mix of people frequenting it as having changed though since the move? There weren't that many "affluent" people going there from what I remember :confused:
    Although I haven't been in there since just before xmas so maybe things have changed in the past month.

It's actual location doesn't appeal to me either, as I'm one of those people who tends to try to avoid parking up in the centre of town :p I prefer to go to places where parking is provided.

just park in tescos car park everybody else seems to ,cinema goers included.

• Advertisement
Advertisement