Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4 Bluetooth issue

• 30-01-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi All,

Hoping someone here can help me out! I just got an iphone 4 and I'm trying to send files via Bluetooth from my Mac to my iphone, unfortunately its not working and my Mac is saying "The device does not have the necessary services." I have the phone and computer paired, so they both seem to be seeing each other, yet the transfer won't even start.

My Mac is running OS X 10.6.6 and my iphone is running iOS 4.2.1

I would really appreciate any help! Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The iPhone's bluetooth doesn't work that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

Really? So you can't send files from your computer to the phone at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

nope bluetooth only works for pairing with headsets and carkits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

And keyboards.

oh right. Wow, that's not great, to be honest. Such a simple function, yet the iphone doesn't have it...

Thank you for the clarification anyway. I wonder if it works on jailbroken iphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

theres an app from cydia called bluenova but it doesnt work on ios 4

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

AlanFurl wrote: »
    oh right. Wow, that's not great, to be honest. Such a simple function, yet the iphone doesn't have it...

Thank you for the clarification anyway. I wonder if it works on jailbroken iphones.

Done deliberately to stop music and video sharing. Get dropbox or something similar. There are loads of apps to do it on the app store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sorry to be a bit blunt here, but did you research the features of the iPhone before you purchased it? This is a well known limitation.

nah man, I just follow the sheeple, its easiest.

ka boom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Dropbox is far and away the best tool for what you want to do.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Sorry to be a bit blunt here, but did you research the features of the iPhone before you purchased it? This is a well known limitation.

Seriously though, I raise my hand, I missed this limitation, didn't hear about it, or possibly just ignored it becuase I just really wanted an iphone!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Seriously though, I raise my hand, I missed this limitation, didn't hear about it, or possibly just ignored it becuase I just really wanted an iphone!! :)

Well then, how do you expect to become a fanboy?

Tut, tut. :D

Advertisement