Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone advise on the RAS scheme

Options
  • 30-01-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone tell me can you do the RAS scheme if your property is an apartment? Anyone have any experience of this scheme, I get the fact that you are guaranteed rent for 4 yrs once its all above board and the property is up to scratch and the downside that you don't get to pick the tenants etc.
    Would anyone know about how much they would pay as in how close the payments are to rents in the area? Is it much less, for example I see on daft that 2 bed apartments in my area are asking for €900 per month, wonder what you would get from RAS scheme.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html
    you would not get rent allowance for an apartment, unless you rent to a single mother, max ra rate is 930.
    BUT single mothers can rent a 3bed house for 900 per month ,i,ve never heard of a single mother renting apartments on rent allowance.Ring the council,or threshold, for more info.The max ra for a single person dublin is around 110 in dublin ,per week.
    i know landlords on ras scheme, a single mother is the tenant .
    a tenant can rent in any area,single mother , as long as its 930 max rent.i dont know if theres a rule, against renting apartments to single mothers on rent allowance.

Advertisement