Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Wireless Router

• 30-01-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm having trouble connecting my laptop wirelessly to my UPC network, it will connect properly when wired along with my PS3 but both wont connect wirelessly at all. I've followed the instructions given to me by UPC but it doesn't work. It's the Cisco EPC2425 router, any help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having trouble connecting my laptop wirelessly to my UPC network, it will connect properly when wired along with my PS3 but both wont connect wirelessly at all. I've followed the instructions given to me by UPC but it doesn't work. It's the Cisco EPC2425 router, any help. Thanks
    check for wireless interference using inSSIDer installed on a laptop and have a good walk around your house (upstairs windows front & back at least) to see what other wireless networks are in range.

make a note of them and try and find a wireless channel with no or minimal interference from other wifi signals and change the wireless channel on the router to that and try reconnecting again.

if it still doesn't work, keep trying different channels as anything using the 2.4Ghz frequencies can interfere with you, not just wireless networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement