Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What order should I study my subjects?

• 30-01-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Ok, first of all the subjects i'm doing are: Biology,French,Economics,DCG,Technology & Ag Science(All higher level)

I tend to study Ag Science first because it is my worst subject & I do DCG last because I don't think it's as tedious to do when i'm tired as apposed to reading pages.

So my questions are:
    So should I be studying certain subjects before others?
    Should I mix up the order in which I study them on separate days so it doesn't appear to be as boring?
    Or should I study my weakest subjects first, followed by my second weakest subject etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

NotExactly wrote: »
    Ok, first of all the subjects i'm doing are: Biology,French,Economics,DCG,Technology & Ag Science(All higher level)

I tend to study Ag Science first because it is my worst subject & I do DCG last because I don't think it's as tedious to do when i'm tired as apposed to reading pages.

So my questions are:
    So should I be studying certain subjects before others?
    Should I mix up the order in which I study them on separate days so it doesn't appear to be as boring?
    Or should I study my weakest subjects first, followed by my second weakest subject etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi op its a few years since i did my leaving but my plan was , work out what subjects im worst at and devote more time to them, in my case maths and physics, i used to lay out my plan so i wold study the subjects i least liked/was bad at early in the evening and then left the ones i liked/found easier till later as a kinda reward to myself.

I think it really depends on what way works best for you, there is no right or wrong way of studying, hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

I find studying my favourite subjects (Biology, History, English in my case) helps get me into the studying frame of mind. If I was to look at at my study timetable and see Irish first thing I'd more than likely just go watch 2 and a half men or something (that show is so terrible, but I can't stop watching it..) So if I plant my least favourite subjects in the middle, then I'm at least in the right mood to approach them, having gotten some good work done previously. When studying for a long time, I think it's good to put subjects you enjoy and ones that aren't as laborious towards the end of the night. Just tonight, I gave up on history because it's all writing and I'm wrecked. So, in your case, DCG is a good option. Just my two cents,

Advertisement