Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nike + Sportsband - NOT WORKING

• 30-01-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Nike + Sportsband with approx 1.5 years.

Great little device, with the sensor in my Nike + runners.

It stopped working last week :( (after a half-marathon which was v v v rainy, wondering the sensor get wet in my sole);
    1) Start the sportsband
    2) It states Walk
    3) But it never picks up the sensor and then stops.....

I bought a new standalone Sensor, but it is still the same.
    Just keeps asking for Walk, and then nothing.

Any suggestions?
    Is there a reset? Do I need a new sportsband?
    I've been uploading all my runs onto the Nike Running website, so if I was to buy a new sportsband or somehow reset my current one, will I lose everything I've been tracking on the website or can I "point" the new sportsband to my existing runs???

I'd love to get it sorted asap as I don't want to keep missing my runs.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 10 Toe Runner

I can't help you much with what is wrong with your sensor/wrist-band, but I'm pretty sure if you get a new wrist band it won't affect the runs you upload, as you have to log-in to your online Nike+ account. The website, to my knowledge isn't sync'd to a particular sensor.

I use it with the ipod though, not the wrist band.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭RunHomerRun

Hey 10 Toe Runner,

Thanks for the response.
    I got in touch with Nike.com and they sent on further instructions and the new sensor is now working correctly.

I have been thinking of getting an iPod Nano, do you know if;
    1) I can still use my same online Nike+ account, i.e. at the moment I connect my sensor usb into the computer usb and it auto updates my own Nike+ account on-line. If I were to get a Nano, can I still access the same account? - how is it linked - if you know?

2) Do you have a connector to link the sensor to the iPod?

3) On the iPod does it "talk" to you during your run and tell you your distance, etc? Or merely play music and in the background it is recording your run stats, distance, pace, time, calories etc?

I can probably check the Nike website, but seeing as you already use the sensor and your iPod you may have more useful, practical information.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 10 Toe Runner

My ipod nano is a pretty old nano, like first edition with the wheel on the front, none of your fancy touch screens like nowadays. However I'd say system works the same. When I bought the pedometre I bought the pack that had the connector with it. This plugs into the ipod, the ipod then stores the details of the run, so when you connect the ipod to your computer, it will send the details to your account.

Just don't forget the damn connector before a race (happened to me at the start of the Bay Run last year, the ipod kept saying, 'cannot connect to sensor', when I realised I left the connector in the car I spent the next half mile cursing like a mad-man...think I scared a few people out of my way!!)

On the talking thing...yes it can do if you want it to, just indicate what you want at the start of the run. At first I got a kick out of Lance Armstrong or Paula Radcliff coming over the earphones and congratulating me on a PB and stuff. But before long it got annoying, adn I don't use the earphones now.

While we are on the topic, I'm not sure if you have heard, but they have teamed up with TOM TOM and are launching a GPS watch to go with the system. Personally I was getting sick of the pedometre cause I don't listen to music anymore when running, so was considering investing in a Garmin Forerunner. I'm now going to hold off for this, cause all my runs will still be stored in the one place.
    P.S. I don't work for them, but the watch does look cool, check out the Tom Tom site.

Advertisement