Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is worse: Ariel Sharon or Adolf Hitler?

• 30-01-2011 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Basically we all know what Hitler is responsible for, but not everyone Sharon. He was the prime minister of Israel up to a couple of years ago, he supported keeping Palestinians behind the lock and key.

He gave the signal to many masscares of Palestinians, showing no remorse. Before he died he was wanted by the United Nations for war crimes.

I say 50/50.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

CorkMan wrote: »
    Basically we all know what Hitler is responsible for, but not everyone Sharon. He was the prime minister of Israel up to a couple of years ago, he supported keeping Palestinians behind the lock and key.

He gave the signal to many masscares of Palestinians, showing no remorse. Before he died he was wanted by the United Nations for war crimes.

I say 50/50.

Chairman Mao, ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I say 50/50.

I'd say you are an idiot.

Mod: Poster banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Cowen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

:rolleyes:

That is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭immature ejaculation

Bosco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Trampas wrote: »
    Cowen

Politics after 4 posts? Well done sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I use Ariel to wash my clothes, never came across Hitler as a detergent

jd007 wrote: »

I think the OP could be considered politics. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

jd007 wrote: »
    Godwined in the title. Even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

445279.ie wrote: »
    never came across Hitler as a detergent

good to remove orange jews stains :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Basically we all know what Hitler is responsible for, but not everyone Sharon.

This reads like a quote out of a deleted scene from The Snapper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Again with these muppet threads

Your thread in politics this morning got deleted by the mods.
    This one is even worse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hitler was a gas man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I say nothing, I'm German :pac:

Honestly, they were both killers, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I say 50/50.

Sharon is still alive, you can't even get that right ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Hitler obviously.

But it's nice to know Johnny Karma got Sharon. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

445279.ie wrote: »
    I use Ariel to wash my clothes, never came across Hitler as a detergent

It was taken off the market because everything came back out of the machine white.

I believe it was called Aryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

OP you utter fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

oh FFS, Hilter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Sharon is still alive, you can't even get that right ffs.

Technically still before he died though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well interesting debate:

Hitler had a lot of good points and if he didn't lose the war well he'd be the hero and savior that took Europe out of the 1930s recession.

Sharon: Well Sharon defended Israel against attacks from eygpt and middle east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Technically still before he died though.

He's in a coma, and I've no doubt an intellectual ability many times that of the OP.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well interesting debate:

Hitler had a lot of good points and if he didn't lose the war well he'd be the hero and savior that took Europe out of the 1930s recession.

Sharon: Well Sharon defended Israel against attacks from eygpt and middle east.

What good points, took Europe out of recession? are you mad, he destroyed half the countries in Europe never mind their economy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Wow. This thread features all kinds of fail.

What good points, took Europe out of recession? are you mad, he destroyed half the countries in Europe never mind their economy?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Before the crash, 1.25 million people were unemployed in Germany. By the end of 1930 the figure had reached nearly 4 million, 15.3 per cent of the population. Even those in work suffered as many were only working part-time. With the drop in demand for labour, wages also fell and those with full-time work had to survive on lower incomes. Hitler, who was considered a fool in 1928 when he predicted economic disaster, was now seen in a different light. People began to say that if he was clever enough to predict the depression maybe he also knew how to solve it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By 1932 over 30 per cent of the German workforce was unemployed. In the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1933 Election campaign, Adolf Hitler promised that if he gained power he would abolish unemployment. He was lucky in that the German economy was just beginning to recover when he came into office. However, the policies that Hitler introduced did help to reduce the number of people unemployed in Germany.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These policies often involved taking away certain freedoms from employers. The government banned the introduction of some labour-saving machinery. Employers also had to get government permission before reducing their labour force. The government also tended to give work contracts to those companies that relied on manual labour rather than machines. This was especially true of the government's massive motorway programme. As a result of this scheme Germany developed the most efficient road system in Europe.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adolf Hitler[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] also abolished taxation on new cars. A great lover of cars himself, and influenced by the ideas of Henry Ford, Hitler wanted every family in Germany to own a car. He even became involved in designing the Volkswagen (The People's Car).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hitler also encouraged the mass production of radios. In this case he was not only concerned with reducing unemployment but saw them as a means of supplying a steady stream of Nazi propaganda to the German people.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Youth unemployment was dealt with by the forming of the Voluntary Labour Service (VLS) and the Voluntary Youth Service (VYS), a scheme simil[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ar to the Civilian Conservation Corps introduced by Franklin D. Roosevelt in the United States. The VYS planted forests, repaired river banks and helped reclaim wasteland.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adolf Hitler[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] also reduced unemployment by introducing measures that would encourage women to leave the labour market. Women in certain professions such as doctors and civil servants were dismissed, while other married women were paid a lump sum of 1000 marks to stay at home.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By 1937 German unemployment had fallen from six million to one million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Stalin tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Sharon was a scum bag and a cold blooded man who indeed did dog whistle awful things including the outright crimes against humanity that went on in Hebron, but he's no Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Withdraw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

He's in a coma, and I've no doubt an intellectual ability many times that of the OP.

well you would think that anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I say 50/50.

Nothing on the TV, hmmmm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

In my experience you're not really allowed mention Hitler here.
    Hitler wasn't a good man or anything but peoples view that he was the evilest person of all time ect is absolute crap. An awful lot of crap is out there regarding Hitler and what went on during WWII. Gas chamber and what not, I won't get into it because people don't want to believe that there is no evidence to support a lot of "history".
    If the Germans had of won the war I think we'd all have a very different view on things to be honest.
    Just my 2 cents.

Please list the crap that historians say about Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sharon may have been accessory to the murder of thousands of innocent, and not so innocent, people but Adolf Hitler (or AH as we call him for short) was directly involved in killing millions.

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Pinochet, ...
    All of them have killed crazy amounts of people.

Not defending the Israeli government, they do have a lot to answer for.

I'm not getting into it, I'll get banned more than likely.

Hitler wasn't a good man or anything but peoples view that he was the evilest person of all time ect is absolute crap. An awful lot of crap is out there regarding Hitler and what went on during WWII. Gas chamber and what not, I won't get into it because people don't want to believe that there is no evidence to support a lot of "history".
    If the Germans had of won the war I think we'd all have a very different view on things to be honest.
    Just my 2 cents.

The holocaust happened, mate, the only thing distorted about it in History is that it was really only the jews that suffered. forget the commies, handicapped, gypsies and infirmed...

Just my 2 cents.

Of course we would have a different view if Germany won the war. And what a ****ed up horrible Europe that would be

• Advertisement

Withdrawn!

:confused:

Dude.. seriously...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just a mode note.
    Denying the holocaust is a jailable offence in Germany and some other countries.
    If someone is thinking of using AH as a revisionist soapbox I will ban you.

RichieC wrote: »
    :confused:

Dude.. seriously...
    Semi serious, I don't know what to believe to be honest. I have an open mind on the subject.

biko wrote: »
    Just a mode note.
    Denying the holocaust is a jailable offence in Germany and some other countries.
    If someone is thinking of using AH as a revisionist soapbox I will ban you.

To behonest, I was in Auschwitz last year and I didn't see any Holocaust happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Semi serious, I don't know what to believe to be honest. I have an open mind on the subject.

What other crap do historians say about Hitler?

In light of mode notes I've decided to Withdraw! :pac:

Oranage2 wrote: »
    To behonest, I was in Auschwitz last year and I didn't see any Holocaust happening!

That's because its over now, it happened many years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Stalin ftw.
    He was probably directly responsible for most deaths caused by any ruler, at least 20 million. Some estimates put it as high as 60 million deaths,

galwayrush wrote: »
    Stalin ftw.
    He was probably directly responsible for most deaths caused by any ruler, at least 20 million. Some estimates put it as high as 60 million deaths,

Yeah i would agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Doublin

ok, to put the debate on a slightly different slant -

Whats the difference between the Israel state and Nazi Germany in terms of:

- Ethnic Separation/Superiority.
    - Self Justification - Self Interests over Worldwide opinion i.e. the idea that you are a victim & the world are against you.
    - You must take the offensive against your enemies by force.
    - You are the chosen people.

Just some of the things that spring to mind immediately when looking at both.

Stalin ftw.

I'll see your Stalin and raise you a Mao. Hitler wins for deliberate deaths though (he killed far more than just Jews).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Stalin ftw.
    Pfft.

Edit:M@cc@ got in before me. The Chairman wins - if you're gonna do it, do it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Dunno about Sharon, but you wouldn't find Hitler playing Jungle music at three o'clock in the morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement