Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is worse: Ariel Sharon or Adolf Hitler?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

you seem to be missing the point I was making

that was the First Act of War that ultimatley led to the destruction of Europe, The ''innocent'' Jews started it

Go back to bed and please please never vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Banned for abuse.

Well in defence of reprazant he was answering to a very provocative & distasteful OPs post!

The OP provocatively asked . . .
    Who is worse: Ariel Sharon or Adolf Hitler? and carried on . . . Basically we all know what Hitler is responsible for, but not everyone Sharon. He was the prime minister of Israel up to a couple of years ago, he supported keeping Palestinians behind the lock and key. He gave the signal to many masscares of Palestinians, showing no remorse. Before he died he was wanted by the United Nations for war crimes. I say 50/50.

The above^ statement by the OP is just sick & asking for trouble, and if I were the moderator on this forum I would ban the OP for incitement to hatred.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Apart from carpet bombings can you think of a more efficient way of murdering 11 million people?.
    Hang on, this is a part I don't understand. The figure keeps climbing upward. When I was a kid it was 6 million, then 8 million, then 10 million. You say 11 million, I've seen 12 million being claimed. There wasn't even 11 million Jews in Europe before 1939.

Shít if it was one million it's an abomination and stain on what passes for humanity, but the upward egging of the figures looks like point scoring and worse plays into the denier muppets. These guys agree on 6 million Jews http://www.jewishgen.org/Forgottencamps/general/victimsEngl.html Of the other victims the figure is harder to find. Not all ended up in the camps. Many if not most of the severely physically or mentally handicapped were simply killed in hospitals by doctors. Many more mentally ill people were forcibly sterilised(a practice Switzerland and Sweden kept up long after the war). We do hear precious little about these people and the gypsies and others. Then again whoever has the voice will be heard loudest.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

LordSutch wrote: »
    The above^ statement by the OP is just sick & asking for trouble, and if I were the moderator on this forum I would ban the OP for incitement to hatred.
    Better to show his "point" for what it is. Utter bollocks. Banning utter bollocks often gives it credence.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Well in defence of reprazant he was answering to a very provocative & distasteful OPs post!

The OP provocatively asked . . .
    Who is worse: Ariel Sharon or Adolf Hitler? and carried on . . . Basically we all know what Hitler is responsible for, but not everyone Sharon. He was the prime minister of Israel up to a couple of years ago, he supported keeping Palestinians behind the lock and key. He gave the signal to many masscares of Palestinians, showing no remorse. Before he died he was wanted by the United Nations for war crimes. I say 50/50.

would Israelis be the only people we are unable to express opinions about in your wise opinion, or have you other "chosen people"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Sharon is a vile Human Being, who if he ever wakes from his coma should spend the rest of is life in jail (a long with a lot of people on both sides of the conflict btw), but he isn't comparable to Hitler. The entire comparison, is just **** stirring, and invoking Nazi's in relation to Israel is pointless. Israel has more than it fair share of issues, but again there not comparable to the Nazi's (neither are the Palestinians or other Arabs btw). Too many people invoke the Nazi's far too quickly. World War 2 ended a long time ago, before most of us were born in fact, and some people need to move the hell on.

Having said that, if I were to make a comparison to what Israel does, I would use Apartheid South Africa, and considering that Bishop Desmond Tutu (a man who knows about Apartheid) has made such a comparison, I would personally consider it a perfectly apt one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

RichieC wrote: »
    would Israelis be the only people we are unable to express opinions about in your wise opinion, or have you other "chosen people"?

Lets see now, suppose I started a thread "Who is worse: Gerry Adams or Adolf Hitler" . . .

Might that be equally rediculous? Adams (unsavoury as he is), is no Adolf Hitler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wibbs wrote: »
    Hang on, this is a part I don't understand. The figure keeps climbing upward. When I was a kid it was 6 million, then 8 million, then 10 million. You say 11 million, I've seen 12 million being claimed. There wasn't even 11 million Jews in Europe before 1939.

I'm surprised you don't count the gypsies, the communists, the handicapped etc etc in amoung Hitler's victims.. I do, its 11 or 12 million - who know's the exact figure but it certainly didn't stop at the slaughter of 6 million Jew's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

(............)ban the OP for incitement to hatred.

The OP is more akin to attention seeking. Banning that kind of thing under the guise of a serious offence gives it more credence than it deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Hitler is worse, by a clear mile. Then the Pope and the Catholic Church.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Hitler is worse, by a clear mile. Then the Pope and the Catholic Church.

are you sure they are not the same thing keith ? , go check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

danbohan wrote: »
    are you sure they are not the same thing keith ? , go check
    No. The pope as a person and the Catholic Church as an organisation.

Maybe. but Megatron was worse than Galvetron

Maybe. but Megatron was worse than Galvetron

You leave Gaviscon alone. Its a great man.

Nodin wrote: »
    You leave Gaviscon alone. Its a great man.

the soothing white liquid the fireman squirt down your throat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I'm surprised you don't count the gypsies, the communists, the handicapped etc etc in amoung Hitler's victims.. I do, its 11 or 12 million - who know's the exact figure but it certainly didn't stop at the slaughter of 6 million Jew's.

A lot of Jews seem to come to that figure though, in many documentaries I only hear 6 million Jews this and 6 million Jews that. It seems the others didn't matter. Shame really. You look at films such as Schindlers list and others, it only documents the Jewish suffering as horrible as it was.

the soothing white liquid the fireman squirt down your throat?

It's not Gay if theres no eye contact.

Not that theres anything wrong with teh Ghey.

Not that I have it.

Eh, try adding the rest of my post "These guys agree on 6 million Jews http://www.jewishgen.org/Forgottenca...ctimsEngl.html Of the other victims the figure is harder to pin down". My point was that all too often the figure given is for the Jewish victims. This is doubly so in the US. When its pointed out that others died in the camps(never mind elsewhere), there's usually surprise and often rejection of the notion.

It's funny how ariel and sharon are both girls' names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

CorkMan wrote: »
    Before he died he was wanted by the United Nations for war crimes.
    As has been stated by a number of people, he is not dead. Also, he is and was not wanted by the UN for war crimes.

A bit of fact checking wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Shít if it was one million it's an abomination and stain on what passes for humanity, but the upward egging of the figures looks like point scoring and worse plays into the denier muppets. These guys agree on 6 million Jews http://www.jewishgen.org/Forgottencamps/general/victimsEngl.html Of the other victims the figure is harder to find. Not all ended up in the camps. Many if not most of the severely physically or mentally handicapped were simply killed in hospitals by doctors. Many more mentally ill people were forcibly sterilised(a practice Switzerland and Sweden kept up long after the war). We do hear precious little about these people and the gypsies and others. Then again whoever has the voice will be heard loudest.

The figure of 6 million was the estimate used by the Soviets, based on calculations they made after investigating Auschwitz, and the rest of the allies arrived at a figure of between 2 or 3 million Jews exterminated.

I think that the lower figure has been generally accepted since, but the figure of 6 million seems to be stuck permanently in people's minds.

There seems to be an argument between different people as to what the pre and post-war Jewish population actually was, each group using "accurate" figures to support the totals that they arrive at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Of course we would have a different view if Germany won the war. And what a ****ed up horrible Europe that would be

Who are you... ziggy.

There's no way to know what would have happened if Hitler won the war. The world could be a better place for all anyone knows.

Hitler is worse because he was too ambitous, invading Russia was madness.

It's not Gay if theres no eye contact.

Not that theres anything wrong with teh Ghey.

Not that I have it.

:D

I found out that my new dog is gay the other day. I have such a progressive household

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A lot of Jews seem to come to that figure though, in many documentaries I only hear 6 million Jews this and 6 million Jews that. It seems the others didn't matter. Shame really. You look at films such as Schindlers list and others, it only documents the Jewish suffering as horrible as it was.

So far as I know Schindler only saved Jew's. For his efforts they (Jew's) made him a 'righteous person' or sometimes referred to as a 'righteous gentile'.

The movie was about Schindler, the risks he took and 'his jews' and not about the holocaust.

It just happens that the Jew's made up the greater bulk of those murdered by Hitler, had they (the jew's) had a say in the matter I'm sure they'd have picked someone else!.

Oskar chose wisely, the handicapped would have made him a 'retarded person' and the gypsies would have made him a 'beggar' :pac: (yes I kid).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Definitely Sharon. At least you wouldnt catch Hitler playing jungle music at 6 in the morning.

And he was`nt asking for permission.

• Advertisement

Who are you... ziggy.

There's no way to know what would have happened if Hitler won the war. The world could be a better place for all anyone knows.

Hitler is worse because he was too ambitous, invading Russia was madness.

He was barking bonkers and didn't have a clue what he was doing, or he would have learned from Napolean's big mistake.

I think that Europe would have become the repressive Nazi equivalent of what the Soviet Union became.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Eh, try adding the rest of my post "These guys agree on 6 million Jews http://www.jewishgen.org/Forgottenca...ctimsEngl.html Of the other victims the figure is harder to pin down". My point was that all too often the figure given is for the Jewish victims. This is doubly so in the US. When its pointed out that others died in the camps(never mind elsewhere), there's usually surprise and often rejection of the notion.

I definitely agree with Wibbs them Jews get way too much sympathy.

:D

I found out that my new dog is gay the other day. I have such a progressive household

Amazing - for years I thought having sex with your dog was called something else. You learn something new everyday.

Amazing - for years I thought having sex with your dog was called something else. You learn something new everyday.

I walked into that one didn't I

Who are you... ziggy.

Now normally, I'm against the wild speculation, but I really, really don't think it's taking the piss to suggest that a genocidal racist in charge of vast areas of the planet would be a very bad thing.

• Advertisement

I walked into that one didn't I

Ran into it face first, tbh.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    He was barking bonkers and didn't have a clue what he was doing, or he would have learned from Napolean's big mistake.

I think that Europe would have become the repressive Nazi equivalent of what the Soviet Union became.

Well I was under the impression that Hitler was tactically astute for the most part. Napoleon was a tactical genius until he start taking victory for granted.

Now normally, I'm against the wild speculation, but I really, really don't think it's taking the piss to suggest that a genocidal racist in charge of vast areas of the planet would be a very bad thing.

You never no what knock on effects are going to take place. If you told someone after world war 1 that victory would cause mass genocide across Europe they would have thought you were mad. World war one inspired Hitler to lead Germany in world war 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Well I was under the impression that Hitler was tactically astute for the most part. Napoleon was a tactical genius until he start taking victory for granted.

Hitler was becoming increasingly mentaly unstable and fanatical, thats probably why the assasination attemps by allied countries stopped. Had he been killed, someone more stable and prepared to listen to advisors might of succeeded him and been harder to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The Saint wrote: »
    As has been stated by a number of people, he is not dead. Also, he is and was not wanted by the UN for war crimes.

A bit of fact checking wouldn't go amiss.
    The OP is more akin to attention seeking. Banning that kind of thing under the guise of a serious offence gives it more credence than it deserves.

Yeah, Corkman doesn't need a ban, more sympathy as an attention seeker. We have a personal issues forum

I would say this is a better thread then the one in Politics from Corkman about assassinating a TD :rolleyes:
    Which swiftly got deleted by the mods

No Hitler was useless tactically and only caused trouble for his field marshal's.

Germany's military success was down to people like Erich von Manstein not Hitler.

Von Manstein formulated the invasion of France
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_Manstein#France

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭veloc123

For a more effective ethnic cleansing.....Try Milosovic

I think that he relied on his generals at the start, but when he began to interfere and ignore their expertise, it was downhill all the way after that.

The Invasion of France was a brilliant victory from a military point of view.

The Wehrmacht has fewer tanks and artillery then the French and British Expeditionary Force and still won in six weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Sharon is still alive, you can't even get that right ffs.

I was just gonna say I never knew that Sharon died and was wondering why I hadn't heard about it....

Now I know why; I usually don't hear about things that never happened.

• Advertisement

I was just gonna say I never knew that Sharon died and was wondering why I hadn't heard about it....

Typical Corkman thread, look at me, I need attention

You never no what knock on effects are going to take place. If you told someone after world war 1 that victory would cause mass genocide across Europe they would have thought you were mad. World war one inspired Hitler to lead Germany in world war 2.

He was using resources to exterminate the Jews before the war was over. He was actually using resources that should have been directed to the war effort and kept it up as long as possible. Theres only conclusion that can be drawn from that and its not the sudden emergence of Uncle Adolph, Friend Of The Hebrews (gays, dissidents, communists etc and so on) once he'd won.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

He was using resources to exterminate the Jews before the war was over. He was actually using resources that should have been directed to the war effort and kept it up as long as possible. Theres only conclusion that can be drawn from that and its not the sudden emergence of Uncle Adolph, Friend Of The Hebrews (gays, dissidents, communists etc and so on) once he'd won.

Wow!! you're so well informed you spell Hitler's first name wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Guill

CorkMan wrote: »
    Basically we all know what Hitler is responsible for, but not everyone Sharon. He was the prime minister of Israel up to a couple of years ago, he supported keeping Palestinians behind the lock and key.

He gave the signal to many masscares of Palestinians, showing no remorse. Before he died he was wanted by the United Nations for war crimes.

I say 50/50.

I've had sex with both of them, Hitler was better.

It just happens that the Jew's made up the greater bulk of those murdered by Hitler,

Fraid not..that distinction goes to the Russians..an estimated 25 million of them,jews and non-jews,civilians and military personel.

It was a war...quite a big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Degsy wrote: »
    Fraid not..that distinction goes to the Russians..an estimated 25 million of them,jews and non-jews,civilians and military personel.

It was a war...quite a big one.

Combat is not considered murder in the true sense of the word. Self-defence would be a more apt description.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Combat is not considered murder in the true sense of the word. Self-defence would be a more apt description.

It all depends whether you're speaking to the winner or the loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Hmmmm my address bar says boards.ie but my eyes see StormFront content.... not sure which site is which....

I definitely agree with Wibbs them Jews get way too much sympathy.

Surprised that statement went unchallenged, Jews definitely ain't the most popular group on boards.ie.

• Advertisement

D-Generate wrote: »
    Hmmmm my address bar says boards.ie but my eyes see StormFront content.... not sure which site is which....

Very PC of ya me old mucker..orf to stromfrnt with ya then..i reckon you spend all day lurking on it but dont have the neck to post.

Advertisement