Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about transplanting

Options
  • 30-01-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there,

I have quite a few plants I'd like/need to move - because they are getting to big and also are in the wrong spot - I'm wondering when is best to do it?

an acer (about 4 feet tall and in the ground about 3 years)
    a watsonii (getting really big, can I split it?)
    an arum lily (in too shady a spot and very obviously doesn't like it)
    a old rose bush (this bush is about 50 years old and was my grandmother's and is in my family home's garden which we're about to pebble over to make it more manageable as we're not there all the time)
    a camellia (getting too big for the spot it's in)
    a bronze phormium (again, too big)

I'd really appreciate any tips people would have, I can't afford to kill these plants!

Also, I'd like to train a good climber, preferably one that flowers for long periods, is scented and maybe evergreen (am I asking too much) for a south facing wall - can anyone recommend one? My soil is fairly good and neutral.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement