Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Seefeel Album...

Options
  • 30-01-2011 10:29pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

I knew this was due for release but thought it wasn't shipping from the likes of Bleep till the 31st. Anyway, I wandered in to a HMV today and to my surprise I see the new Seefeel sitting in the dance section waiting for me to buy it... of course I've feck all money right now and couldn't possibly stretch to the 12.99, my wife thankfully stepped in and saved the day so I'm now the proud owner of the new Seefeel album :pac:

http://boomkat.com/cds/372154-seefeel-seefeel

I'm really loving it, very different to old Seefeel but moments of recognition also. This track on the headphones right now, love it.

Rip-run

Highly recommended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I knew this was due for release but thought it wasn't shipping from the likes of Bleep till the 31st. Anyway, I wandered in to a HMV today and to my surprise I see the new Seefeel sitting in the dance section waiting for me to buy it.

UK release dates are always on a Monday but Ireland is always on a Friday, therefore Irish stores will stock albums from the Friday before the UK release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

"Quique" proved very hard for Seefeel to equal. I don't think I heard anything as good after that debut.

I'm no lover of this track, I must say.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

John wrote: »
    UK release dates are always on a Monday but Ireland is always on a Friday, therefore Irish stores will stock albums from the Friday before the UK release date.

Never knew that, although I think when the last Autechre album came out it was the same in that I picked it up a couple of days before I thought it was out... or it might have been the Autechre before the last one, whatever that was called!
    "Quique" proved very hard for Seefeel to equal. I don't think I heard anything as good after that debut.

I'm no lover of this track, I must say.

Yeah Quique is a real gem alright and I don't see this latest being anywhere near that but its a very good album regardless.

I never got the 'Ch-Vox' album by them, must pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Ah, I haven't heard that one. I was basing my judgement on "Succour" (which is not great) and bits of a later EP the name of which escapes me.
    I never got the 'Ch-Vox' album by them, must pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I thought the recent EP release was excellent - looking forward to this.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Apparently E-Da from the mighty Boredoms has joined their lineup. Really want to get this now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I got it and like it a lot... doesn't really sound like the earlier stuff; it's noisier and less 'shoegazer'.

Advertisement