Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel my hotel?

Options
  • 30-01-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

So I'm supposed to be flying with Aer Lingus on Thursday but this may not happen. If my flight is cancelled I may as well just forget about the trip because it's only for a few days and I have a limited time off work. However, if my flight gets cancelled at the last minute, then it'll be too late to cancel my hotel and I'll get charged the full amount for the room.

There's no telling when the next available flight will be so I could end up missing a night in the hotel.

Should I just cancel my hotel and if I get to Amsterdam, find somewhere when I arrive? I'm guessing Aer Lingus won't give me anything towards my hotel if I miss a night/nights ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You should be able to claim on the travel insurance if the flight it cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

if you paid by credit card you can make a claim from your credit card,
    just get an e-mail or letter from the hotel saying you did not stay for the days booked,and a letter or e-mail from aer lingus saying the flight was cancelled, they will credit your credit card for the amount paid.(happened to me last year ash cloud) got the money from my credit card.

Advertisement