Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has Been on the "Dublin Eye"

Options
  • 30-01-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Who has been on it? i might be going on it soon and Basically is the view good?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nice view of containers and half-finished buildings.
    You're too far away from anything to identify it, other than the Aviva and Croke Park.
    The pod things rock a bit which my companion didn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

The view is ok once you have a really clear day over the dublin mountains and the city but I found it not that spectacular.
    You go round 4-5 times so it get's a bit boring. The audio comments didn't work in our pod and I think it's to expensive.
    Personally I find the view from Killiney Hill or Bray Head nicer.
    The last few times I walked by the Dublin eye it was closed tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Six pages of people according to this.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055986109

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I was on it recently via a voucher, 3 quid each for the 2 of us. :D

Went at dusk and to my pleasant surprise I ended up watching the cars going over the Samuel Beckett bridge, they are like a conveyor belt in a factory, you know the shadows of the cars moving across the bridge! Was funny I thought, you'd have to see it for your own eyes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

I have and its muck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

RobitTV wrote: »
    Who has been on it? i might be going on it soon and Basically is the view good?
    You might be going on it? What kind of monster would tell you that you might be going on it?! How do they expect you to contain the overwhelming joy and excitement while they casually decide whether or not you be allowed to go on it?

P.s. I wouldn't go after dark, it's where I go to mug and assault people.

Advertisement