Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temple Bar Trad Fest Shots

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Love No.3 (Red Guitar shot).

Nice set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Great images all round, would maybe have been better to see the instrument the girl was playing in the last one, but that's nit-picky

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Trigger76

Cheers for the feedback guys...Thecageyone , you make a very good point I guess out of context the harness looks kinda strange :D

5405010661_53bc1e3a4d.jpg
    Dartmouth Pipe Band (22 of 38) by Trigger76, on Flickr

Really surprised there wasnt a load of boardsies about for this one:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Nice set, always interesting ro see what others do in the same place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#2 The guy's face is blown out, recovery and clarity not retrieve it for you?

#3 Whatever PP you sued here left a big type of halo around the guy on the left.

#4 faces again have lost too much detail.

#5 I likes.

#6 I likes

#7 My favourite by far, I see what cagey said but when I do gig shots I too love portrait shots where sometimes that entails obviously missing out the instrument.

#8 I like it again, bit tight on each side though.

• Advertisement

Cheers AR , all good points, Im a messy processor !:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm trying to rein in my PP somewhhat as when I did we say a Gig album I'd have about 5-6 different styles, now though I think that totally takes away and devalues the pics so I try and cut it down to 3, Colour, BW and the dark type style such as
    19EE9905245B47CE9675072B36A6AF88-0000316428-0002144887-00800L-8FC4DC58F561437F8140C24A149CF3EF.jpg

Yeah I hear what your saying AR , Im still learning, experimenting with different techniques, exploring different approaches to processing and enjoying it.

If Im doing a set assignment Id agree a consistent approach is best that said I try not to take myself too seriously, Im very much a hobbyist first and foremost. There's always room to learn and improve and I love getting the feedback of course, same time though Im not the type to pour over the pixels so to speak....

PS - Id edit out everything in the background in your pic and also the hand bottom left ;)

By the way, for all the variety you put in... Id have to say Id identify an AR pic from a hundred yards, you've honed a very specific, dark and gritty style. A lot of consistency in your stuff...a lot of angry lads too ;-)

Advertisement