Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gay Byrne not wearing seat belt on Wogans ireland

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Jesus we're talking about 2 guys being filmed in the back of a chauffeur driver car. Will you all relax and get down off your discoloured high horses for god sakes.

Get a life the lot of ya ffs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

dnme wrote: »

Relax a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

It was in the Sun I think. Or maybe that was just a dream. That 05 blue audi that was stolen was in the Sun too. Same picture that was posted here and all :D

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    It was in the Sun I think.

I'd only look at that rag for page 3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The thing is, he is a representative of the RSA, no matter what he should have been belted up properly, doesn't matter if the car wasn't moving, he should be leading by example.

In saying that, I really couldn't give a fiddlers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Buffman

Jesus we're talking about 2 guys being filmed in the back of a chauffeur driver car. Will you all relax and get down off your discoloured high horses for god sakes.

Yes, except 1 of those guys happens to be chairman of the RSA.
    Just waded through this thread, I saw the show, didn't really notice it at the time but Ray Darcy was talking about it the following morning.

I don't think it's an issue he'll resign over. (Maybe Pat Kenny to replace him!):D

TBH I'm more annoyed with his response, instead of explaining himself or admiting the mistake, he comes out with the 'Sure that happened ages ago, sure it was in magical TV land anyway!'
    "This was filmed months ago and in very cramped conditions. I have a tendency to hold onto the seatbelt — I don’t know why but that is just the way it is… We were in and out of the car several times going from the GPO in Dublin to a hotel in Ballsbridge.

"I think most people are smart enough to know that this was not a real-life situation."

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

He does a fantastic radio show on Sunday afternoons during the winter. Tune in next Sunday, I bet he'll address this (overblown out of all hell proportions) issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i wonder will he get points for that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

He does a fantastic radio show on Sunday afternoons during the winter. Tune in next Sunday, I bet he'll address this (overblown out of all hell proportions) issue.

Hi Gaybo! *waves at dnme*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I don't think anyone would give a shit but for the fact that Gay Byrne rides around on a horse so high that he needs an extension ladder to dismount.

If you're gonna talk the talk you'd sure as hell better walk the walk.

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone would give a shit but for the fact that Gay Byrne rides around on a horse so high that he needs an extension ladder to dismount.

How so? can you give me an example of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Looks like Gay makes a habit of this behaviour. Even with 2 cops in the car he still just drapes it over himself and doesn't fasten the buckle.

rsa-gaybyrne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

stimpson wrote: »
    Looks like Gay makes a habit of this behaviour. Even with 2 cops in the car he still just drapes it over himself and doesn't fasten the buckle.

rsa-gaybyrne.jpg

I dont mind that one really. Its clearly just a photo setup and Id hope they are not driving around. So his excuse that its not real world would hold water in this case but not in the wogan case.

How so? can you give me an example of this?

Dear oh dear oh dear, foolish young fello. How naive, how naive. dear oh dear.

mickdw wrote: »
    Dear oh dear oh dear, foolish young fello. How naive, how naive. dear oh dear.

Is this a quote? If so, can you point out the source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

This threads a bit pathetic.
    Like a bunch of bickering old grannies.
    If Gay saved one life with his campaigns then thats enough for me.
    Stop all trying to be so smart and catch "Teacher" out.

Is this a quote? If so, can you point out the source?

Quote? Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭taintabird

Enough please I cant take any more I think the point has been made already!

stimpson wrote: »

rsa-gaybyrne.jpg

At least one of the back doors is fully open and they are in the process of belting up;) It's like wiping your arse after you do a poo, you don't walk out of the cubicle until you are nice and clean and the pants is pulled back up.

Advertisement