Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250mb Data Allowance - Meteor

Options
  • 30-01-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

So I signed up to bill pay and the plan I got didn't include data usage. So I was offered 250mb for €5 a month. I was wondering is that enough for usage?

I'd be using it for general usage such as Facebook and Sky Sports?

Cheers,

SF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,349 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Get a price for Meteor's 1GB and 2GB options. 250MB is too low for a month's usage, imo.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Esel wrote: »
    Get a price for Meteor's 1GB and 2GB options. 250MB is too low for a month's usage, imo.
    The information on the site (perhaps Esel has experience that proves other add on options are available outside of these?) suggests the add ons are a little all or nothing, either 250mb for €5 or 10gb for €15.

You could get away with 250mb depending on your usage (e.g. data connection off most of the time, infrequent connections for mail/light browsing, apps set to only update via wifi, etc.), but it'd be very restrictive.

Which of the non data plans are you on?

If it's the €20/€25 p/month connect plan, I assume (open to correction here, but I know I was told I could move from smart 35 to 50 no problem, as long as I'm going to a more expensive option) you'd be able to switch to smart 35 and gain the 1GB data as it's a more expensive plan. The fact that you're switching from connect to smart might complicate things though, so you'd need to confirm that.

Having said all that, for €35/€40 p/month you could keep the connect plan you're on and add the 10gb add on (also with the option to drop the €15 add on if you won't be needing it due to holidays/etc), giving you a far higher data allowance (afaik there are some restrictions with use on the add ons, VOIP access being specifically identified as disallowed).

It's really an all or nothing though. As while I agree with the others that 250mb really is far too little, I'd be the first to say the 10gb is probably overkill unless you plan on doing a lot of tethering/videos/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,349 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The information on the site (perhaps Esel has experience that proves other add on options are available outside of these?) suggests the add ons are a little all or nothing, either 250mb for €5 or 10gb for €15.
    No, I was referring to the data limits under their various Smart plans.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Esel wrote: »
    No, I was referring to the data limits under their various Smart plans.
    Ahhh :o, should have twigged it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

250MB allowance isn't much in fairness. I have 250mb allowance with my Vodafone PAYG plan and it is gone in 2 weeks and I have WiFi at work, so now I'm moving onto Vodafone 360 rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Well I have Wifi at home and in Work. So hopefully I can limit myself to only using it when I'm on the bus home .

Cheers,

SF

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I only use the 250 mb package on the bus etc but I still go over the limit if I'm using it daily, it's not enough really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

All I can tell you is that's what I use it for and it's often not enough...no streaming, just boards, facebook, e-mail etc. I'm viewing the full version's of websites on my phone though

Advertisement