Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vocalist/Guitarist wanted for Punk Rock band [Dublin]

Options
  • 31-01-2011 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

Band Name: None yet...
    Band Genre: Punk Rock with a sprinkle of pop
    Band Location: Dublin. Rehearsals in Dublin city centre.
    Influences: The Ramones, Screeching Weasel, Riverdales, Descendents, Queers, Teenage Bottlerocket, Groovie Ghoulies, NoFX and a bunch of other Punk Rock bands.

The end product will hopefully be some kickin' punk that you can rock the f**k out to.
    Position Available: Vocalist who can also play guitar. It seems like a ridiculous thing to state, but you should be able to sing. Male or female... it doesn't matter!
    Desired Age Range: Minimum age 20. Existing members are mid 20's and early 30's.
    Available Sound Samples: None yet...
    Additional Info: Originals band with some cover songs. No material written yet so we were running through some cover songs (Ramones, Screeching Weasel, NoFX, Offspring, Clash etc..)

One important point to make is that while I'd like to have load of fun with this (and hope you do too!) it might require a bit of commitment. I'm not talking giving up jobs, women, first born children or anything like that... just a bit of commitment and motivation to actually do something.

Lets play some songs, do some gigs, record a bit and see what else happens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

BUMP!

bump, anyone out there? :P

BUMP

BUMP!!! :D

Anyone out there? I really wanna get this sh1t up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 28 ImJay

i wna get this sh!t up and start running things as well lol.
    but my age isn't in the mid of 20s, i sing, but i play a bit of guitar.
    i suck at playin guitar.. lol yah it's really frustrated when u cant get ppl together. im formin a band and havin the same prob as well lol.

wish u best of luck man!. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Where exactly are yous based at?

ImJay wrote: »
    i wna get this sh!t up and start running things as well lol.
    but my age isn't in the mid of 20s, i sing, but i play a bit of guitar.
    i suck at playin guitar.. lol yah it's really frustrated when u cant get ppl together. im formin a band and havin the same prob as well lol.

wish u best of luck man!. :D

Thanks man, good luck with your band!

Where exactly are yous based at?

I'm in Dublin city centre and the drummer is in Maynooth but for all intents and purposes the band is based in the city centre as rehearsals will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flp.lara

Hey there guyz!
    Did you already get someone?
    I've looked for a punk rock band to play.
    I had a band for 5 years wich one of the main influences were NoFX, MxPx, Millencolin, No Fun At All, etc.
    Anything I can show you some recorded songs we had.

Hey,

Nah, still looking for someone. Cool, pm me a link for your previous bands recordings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flp.lara

Dord wrote: »
    Hey,

Nah, still looking for someone. Cool, pm me a link for your previous bands recordings

Hey there!!!

Could you send me your e-mail please?

Advertisement