Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diver airlifted from Portroe.

• 31-01-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭

A diver who got into difficulty while exploring a flooded quarry in Co Tipperary has been airlifted to Cork for medical treatment.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0130/tipperary.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It seems all four surfaced too fast? I wonder how that happened. I hope all are okay.
    RTE wrote:
    His three companions were taken to Cork University Hospital where they are being kept under observation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Hope they all come out of it without anything too serious..hmm all 4 ascended too fast? Seems odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Portroe1

REF:Incident at the Quarry: Peter saw a mass of bubbles in the water and launched the Rescue boat. 2 divers surfaced and were assisted back to shore. One diver was showing symptons of DCS and our Emergency Plan was enacted. Both divers were put on Oxygen. The Coast Guard was notified, and a local paramedic called to assist. The casualty was airlifted to Cork University Hospital by Rescue 115, along with his buddy and 2 others from the group as a precaution. The casualty spent 5 hours in the Navy chamber and was responding well, as of 24.00 hrs last night. The other 3 were released from hospital yesterday evening. As usual, the Coast Guard, Navy Diving Section, and Cork University Hospital acted quickly and efficiently in response. Our thanks to all parties concerned and those who assisted at the Dive Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

was driving from galway to cork on sunday and saw the coast guard helicopter passing over mallow, turned on a handheld VHF radio i have and heard them on the radio to the coast guard in cork. was wondering what was after happening.
    hope they will be ok

Advertisement