Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New look Windows

Options
  • 31-01-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Have read an old thread <SNIP> and my blood runs cold. My inlaws have <MODEDIT> had dealings with this company</MODEDIT> any info on him would be great. ASAP as he is calling tomorrow for more money:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Nodnedlog, in order to get good, accurate advice, can you please provide more information on the issue here. Remember to keep it factual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Do not pay him more money until the job is completed in full and when you do pay, pay by credit card or crossed cheque made out to the company with "A/C Payee Only" very clearly written on the cheque.

If its the person, I reckon it is, your inlaws will never get the work completed properly.

Also, the Garda fraud squad may have an interest in the case from recollection.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nodnedlog

Hi there,
    Apologies for the hurried post there has as of yet been no indiscretion but due to the individuals reputation they are proceeding with caution. The Gentleman in question is who you think it is but so far all is ok as friend of theirs who is retired and has experience of matters legal met them and insisted (after a lot of negotiation) that the balance would be paid to the company who are supplying the windows by Visa. The window suppliers are very above board and are also worried about payment and the windows are partly installed now and to be finished tomorrow. The main character seems only to be a middle man.

I am hoping that this will all end well as they are stressed and just want the job done, fingers crossed.

Thank you to boards for highlighting the possible dangers, lesson learned, stick to well known reputable companies in future.

regards
    nodnedlog

Advertisement