Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Down to Business on Newstalk

• 31-01-2011 6:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Happened to be listening to this the other day, its hosted by Bobby Kerr, who's apparently one of the Dragons on Dragons Den and the owner of Insomnia Coffee...

Dont know if he was having an off day but it was ALL OVER THE SHOP.

He'd start reading texts and then stop halfway through like he lost the piece of paper they were written on, he kept forgetting his guests names (one had to prompt him).

The best was when they had a group of start-up business people on, after a bit of a talk about themselves he asked them if they had any questions for him...

Cue silence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

"Dragons" are self promoting twats IMO.
    It's a shame, the newstalk show was the best business show on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bobby Kerr is a disaster, he really does sound like he wandered in, found an empty studio
    and decided that he's have to go for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Poly wrote: »
    "Dragons" are self promoting twats IMO.
    It's a shame, the newstalk show was the best business show on air.

i have to echo this.

i used to listen religously to the show when mortel was presenting it on a saturday but since he jumped ship its gone down hill BIG time.

ive literally never seen a show turn to trash so quickly.

now that it up against the FAR superior sunday business show on today fm its not even a question as to which ill listen too.

newstalk shot themselves in the foot putting their show up against their sister stations show.

unless of course that was the plan in order to do away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

THIS IS BOOBY (sic)

I SHOUT IN MONOTONE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Lol, to quote myself from the Newstalk Megathread:
    connundrum wrote: »
    Just switched off The Business Show completely this morning as Kerr asked his guests whether they'd any questions for him?!

The words which float through my head when listening to him include:

Unprepared, dragons den, chaotic, dragons den, egotistical, dragons den, uninterested in other people's story, dragons den. You can see the trend.

He is not the right person for that job, and I'll be listening to Today FM for the coming weeks on a Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement