Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking: French revision for college

Options
  • 31-01-2011 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I did my leaving cert. in 2010 and am currently doing a FETAC course for the year.

Next year I'm hoping to do English and French arts to be a teacher, but am nervous about my competency in french.
    I did higher level French and got a C3.

I never really learnt off any of the rules of verbs or know much vocab and am looking for some revision course or tutor who can get me up to scratch over the summer.

I live in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Can I remind posters that offering grinds is against the charter. If you can recommend a revision course that's fine, but advertising your own services is not permitted. I have already deleted one post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

Hi OP!

I'm about to qualify as a French teacher in the next few months hopefully.

For my course I needed at least a B3 in French to enter, and to be honest with you they should have made it higher because the course content was quite heavy.

Try Alliance Francaise maybe? Also check out the Languages forum, try and get a tandem parter, there's loads of Erasmus students in Dublin over from France every semester so finding French people to practice with wouldn't be too hard.

However I would highly recommend going to France if possible, and maybe applying to take LC French again in June. You need to be realistic here, how are you going to teach the French syllabus if you got a C3 in it?

I know some teachers are brutal, but it might be a good idea to repeat the exam for your own sake, it will give you more confidence in the long run!

Advertisement