Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Issues :(

• 31-01-2011 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to all things boiler like and was hoping that someone on here may be able to shine some light as to what might be wrong with my boiler.

Basically, when i turn it on it would seem as though everything starts up fine, but unfortunately the pilot light never ignites so I end up with no heat in the house, but the boiler continues to hum away as usual.

Please don’t tell me it's going to cost a fortune to repair as I’m a little short of funds at present...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It can be a couple of different things. Generally though its one of 2.

its either the pressure has dropped in the boiler and its not opening the solenoid valve. A plumber or a good DIYER can sort this quick enough but obv for legal reasons i would advise on the plumber.

OR

There is a fault with the printed circuit board or solenoid valve. Its usually the board and this costs 300 euro to get repaired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭memomy

It can be a couple of different things. Generally though its one of 2.

its either the pressure has dropped in the boiler and its not opening the solenoid valve. A plumber or a good DIYER can sort this quick enough but obv for legal reasons i would advise on the plumber.

OR

There is a fault with the printed circuit board or solenoid valve. Its usually the board and this costs 300 euro to get repaired.

Thanks for the reply Joey. How would I go about increasing the pressure in the boiler? I do know that the pressure bar had been very low of late but wasn't sure how to go about fixing it. I hope to god it isn't the circuit board. :eek::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

memomy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Joey. How would I go about increasing the pressure in the boiler? I do know that the pressure bar had been very low of late but wasn't sure how to go about fixing it. I hope to god it isn't the circuit board. :eek::(

Have you a landline. PM me your number and i can explain. there is also a youtube video on it. Its how to pressurise a gas boiler.

However the irish versions are usually done in the hot press and needs someone to keep an eye on the gauge while its being done,

Advertisement