Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size cake tin?

Options
  • 31-01-2011 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I have a recipe for a lemon and almond cake which I want to make this evening. The recipe was designed for a fancy heart-shaped bundt tin (which I don't have) and I'm wondering what size of standard tin I should use for these quantities. Is there any guidance for selecting tin sizes (e.g. by dry quantities).

Thanks so much

Recipe
    100ml rapeseed oil
    225g caster sugar
    3 large eggs
    1 lemon, zested and juiced
    250g self-raising flour
    50g ground almonds

I promise to let you know how it works out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'd hazard a guess at 9 inch deep round or 8 inch square. Depth is a factor. A square brownie tin should do the job.

Keep an eye on the cooking time, check it every ten mins.

As for a guide, look at other recipes with similar quantities and what they are recommending.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Thanks so much - I used a 9-inch round and it looks good. An 8-inch may have made a slightly higher cake which I like but it may not have baked as evenly so I'm not going to worry about that.

Unfortunately I won't get to try it for another while - the birthday girl is sick today so I have it stored in an airtight tupperware and I'm hoping it will still taste okay tomorrow!

Advertisement