Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC zone renaming?

Options
  • 31-01-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi i have a securewatch HKC system don't no what model. can i change the zone names at the moment all windows are DS zone 1. Can i give each window it's own name if so how is it done. had a few faults so need to code each window for future reference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

You will need the engineer code to do this. It is set up in the zone menu, zone names.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

do you happen to know the code i've tried 1234 and 4567 with no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The default user code is 1111. The default engineer code is 4567.
    These codes would of being changed when the alarm was installed.
    Without this code you could default the alarm if it is not engineer locked.

Turn off mains, remove the control panel lid, disconnect the battery, remove the link marked LK1 in the middle of the board. Reconnect the battery, go to the keypad, if default is displayed its not engineer locked. Press yes, the alarm will default back to factory settings. Alarm will activate, enter 1111 on keypad, then enter 4567. Service menu will be displayed. Put the link back on the board, close up control panel, turn back on the mains.

More than happy to talk you through the rest on the mobile if it does default.

Advertisement