Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The computer labs in A block..

• 31-01-2011 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

..have to be one of the coldest places on earth. During winter everybody in here has wooly hats, two jumpers and a jacket on. Particularly if they're the sorts stay in college to do work rather than head home in the evening.

I don't mind it generally but it's hard to type effectively when your fingers have gone numb. Maybe I should try get some sort of gloves I can type with..

..or CIT could maybe turn a bit of heating on in here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

CIT in general was FREEZING today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

yeah but once the computers are on for a few hours it heats right up . cit is always particularily cold after the winter break i find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Single glazed windows don't help at all. The amount of heat that escapes that college is scary. Radiators underneath the windows too.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Single glazed windows don't help at all. The amount of heat that escapes that college is scary. Radiators underneath the windows too.
    radiators under windows is quite common the reasoning was that the warm air currents rising will help keep the cooler air near the window from entering the room , of course it doesnt really work all that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The rest of the college I don't generally find too bad. I'd rather things on the chilly side than too hot so I don't get drowsy. It's just the A block labs that are particularly syberian. They're over the workshops so they could really do with a couple of radiators. I'm pretty sure there aren't any in those rooms. And turn off the ventilation.. there's a fierce draught in febuary when there's no chance of the rooms overheating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah and both sides of the B blocks are bad enough too.

However, nothing can beat the prefabs, esp PF52/53 :p

The rest of the college I don't generally find too bad. I'd rather things on the chilly side than too hot so I don't get drowsy. It's just the A block labs that are particularly syberian. They're over the workshops so they could really do with a couple of radiators. I'm pretty sure there aren't any in those rooms. And turn off the ventilation.. there's a fierce draught in febuary when there's no chance of the rooms overheating.
    Ya but those rooms stink of man sweat/drink sweat without the ventilation turned on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I got lucky this semester and I am only in the C labs!:D

Advertisement