Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get eircom.net email working on iPad

Options
  • 31-01-2011 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I can't set up my eircom.net account on my iPad. I have used all the various options for pop & SMTP mail.eircom.net including mail1/mail2 etc but no joy.

Incomming POP server mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing SMTP server mail1.eircom.net

My ISP is UPC so I tried their outgoing SMTP server (smtp.upcmail.ie) but no joy either

The iPad is WiFi only and works fine connecting to the UPC WLAN. I can also send/receive Gmail without any problem.

Does anyone know a solution or have you come across a similar problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Eircom's POP3 (incoming) server is webmail.eircom.net (not mail1.eircom.net)

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=7&E=0000000000277225595&K=1467&Sxi=7

You will need to use UPC's smtp server for the outgoing connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Another possible solution, with some nice side effects, would be to get your gmail account to periodically collect the eircom email and label it for you.
    This way, you get to archive all your eircom email, and you get the benefit of gmails superlative spam filtering.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 agcomms

if you already have an eircom mail account, just log ont eircom,net and sign up for webmail and use your existing account.

it wony matter what type of device you use then

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭MrO

gerryk wrote: »
    Another possible solution, with some nice side effects, would be to get your gmail account to periodically collect the eircom email and label it for you.
    This way, you get to archive all your eircom email, and you get the benefit of gmails superlative spam filtering.

Definitely recommend this as the best way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Moved to Eircom talk to forum (http://www.boards.ie/eircom)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I can't set up my eircom.net account on my iPad. I have used all the various options for pop & SMTP mail.eircom.net including mail1/mail2 etc but no joy.

Incomming POP server mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing SMTP server mail1.eircom.net

My ISP is UPC so I tried their outgoing SMTP server (smtp.upcmail.ie) but no joy either

The iPad is WiFi only and works fine connecting to the UPC WLAN. I can also send/receive Gmail without any problem.

Does anyone know a solution or have you come across a similar problem?

Thanks
    Hi triple-play
    pizzahead77 is correct. Below is a list of eircom settings.
    Hope this helps
    Tony
    Settings

Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:
    Incoming Mail Server:
    webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net
    Mail Server Type:
    POP3
    more settings