Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIGHTERS RECORDS

• 31-01-2011 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

With the amount of fights happening in the country and the "growth" of the sport is there any concerns on how we are not recording them.

Should promotions be responsible to ensure this is done immediately after there shows to give credit to fighters??? Are coaches happy that they are not???

I notice stats on sites goin up for fighters but others arent:confused:

Urs
    x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    With the amount of fights happening in the country and the "growth" of the sport is there any concerns on how we are not recording them.

Should promotions be responsible to ensure this is done immediately after there shows to give credit to fighters??? Are coaches happy that they are not???

I notice stats on sites goin up for fighters but others arent:confused:

Urs
    x

Promoters should update records after there events, if they don't it's more down to laziness. After making a few quid on an event it's the least we can do

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

cowzerp wrote: »
    Promoters should update records after there events, if they don't it's more down to laziness. After making a few quid on an event it's the least we can do

I think your totally right here Paul but fact is it isnt bein done :( x

Ive also heard tell of coaches not wanting them up but does this do the sport justice??? So many shows I think its vital we start to treat it more professionally here :D x

Urs
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

This should be a must do for all promoters. type in most irish guys on sherdog and they're records are innacurate, surely dat wont help them get in the ufc when they have nearly as much wins as losses becuase the promoters didnt send in the fight results. i know cage contender always does it. besides dat im not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Well not trying start anything, but one of the biggest flaws is not having a governing body, or athletic commision, although Ireland is small, the power of unity would help so much.

Not going to go into the other benefits as it would go way off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

I think this should be a minimum standard for any Promotion/Show. It will only change when coaches push the guys who are not doing it. As Cowzerp points out quite rightly if money is being made it's the very least a promoter can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 RAMA 5

Could the referees not put the results up ? Awaiting reply from weemate..lol..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

Irish shows are really bad at updating results

The vast majority of Irish fighters really suffer because of this. And it affects them when they try and get fights on shows overseas. I had a nightmare trying to get fighter's records when we was in Ireland

It's not hard to register results and pressure should be put on promotions that don't record their results properly.

At Cage Warriors we was tweeting results live and had them on our site and facebook within 24 hours.

The only way it will change is if coaches and fighters don't deal with events who exhibit this bad behaviour

Advertisement