Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Sheds

Options
  • 31-01-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a steel shed for the garden and had a look at these lads over the weekend. Does anyone know if they're any good? Look at a 10'x13'6 steel shed.

http://steeltechsheds.com/index.php?page=steel-sheds

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I bought one of these last Summer. I assembled it myself, there is a good few hours work in it. It seems good value although it's a bit smaller than the advertised size, they must be using the external measurements. You won't get one cheaper anyway because I had them all checked out.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gardening/1009275

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Bought a Steeltech shed last year.

Absolutely no issues with it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

These sheds don't come with a base do they? So whats to stop rain water seeping under the shed walls and into the shed itself? From their website, you have to put in a concrete base as well and then another finished floor inside the shed following erection. That all adds up in cost.

The 20ft x 10ft steel shed I bought from Clane Steel Sheds has a strong plywood floor (strong enough to store 2 tonnes of wood pellets, a ride on lawnmower, bikes etc etc) and it was fitted on top of 4 inch concrete blocks to keep it off the ground.

I'm buying another smaller one shortly, a 10ft x 8ft and its costing me €1,500. It includes a plywood floor, insulated roof, clear roof panel and two windows. The Steeltech ones are more expensive when you add in these extras. Shop around lads as what appears cheap isn't really.;)

Oh and I didn't have to put it together myself either. Clane steel sheds came out and put teh 20ft x 10ft up in about 90 minutes. All included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Steeltech sheds (or at least mine was) placed on a concrete slab. The second floor can also be poured in advance as final dimensions are provided.

Plus shed is erected and installed included in price.

Advertisement