Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB Broadband - Exceeded USAGE but no way of CHECKING!!!!

• 31-01-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Eircom upgraded my line to NGB a couple of months ago.
    Exceeded my broadband usage for two months in a row Nov and Dec.

Nov 4gb over
    Dev 10gb over......snow etc

Net result nearly €30 extra on my bill :mad:

Now I'm aware historically eircom before NGB never used to charge for excess usage but now they've decided they are.......mind you i never signed anything to be upgraded.

Now i have a couple of problems with this:

1. NGB broadband meter simply does not work for me. Tryed DSL report and same deal. Says account is not valid....So I've no mechanism for even checking my usage at the moment. Surely that is unfair!
    2. NGB is up to 8mb. Now surely if its NGB the line should be capable of up to 8mg. It is not. I happen to know the exchange I'm on is only capable of 5mb. Perhaps an issue for Comreg??? How can they claim I'm on NGB when they line is not even capable......and i know it says up to 8mb before anyone says it. However the facts are:
    a) my line is only 5mb........it could never achieve up to 8mb and thats false advertising end of.

I so want to send a strongly worded email or something to eircom threatening the crap out of them with comreg, the bogey man, and any other gouls you can think of. My basis for the complaint would be that I'm not on NGB and that I have no mechanism for checking usage. However Unfortunately like so many other things in this bloody country it'll probably end up that nothing will come of it and i'll end up looking like a muppet.

What do ya reckon? Do i have a leg to stand on???.......and is it worth ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Check usage here http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=176&E=0000000000277161002&K=8267&Sxi=7

NGB is anything up to 8mb including getting 5mb.

There is no piont in complaining to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

if you cant access your stats page you should contact their support dept and report it they will be able to fix it.

also another link you can use is
    www.eircom.net/broadbandstats

you can also download the usage meter to your pc (requires a windows os with .net framework installed)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Yeah figured as much myself.

Thinking of changing provider. The speed is pretty good but an allowance of 30GB is pathetic in this day and age.

Can anyone recommend any good alternatives?

Living in Louth.........Drogheda area.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Yeah 30Gb is pretty pathethic to be honest.
    You can spend an extra tenner a month for the unlimited bundle but I'll bet thats 'unlimited but only up to 250Gb' if you read the small print.

There's only one reason I'm still with Eircom, and thats the 200 free minutes I get to Meteor mobiles at the moment.
    once they get rid of that its bye bye Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Jaysus didn't know you could increase it for an extra tenner.

Must enquire about that with Eircom.

Still rather get rid of them though!! They are gangsters!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement