Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gtx 485m

• 31-01-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

can anyone tell me if there is a decent laptop with a gtx 485m in it for a decent price. i can't seem to find to many laptops that have it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Have a look at Kobalt computers in the UK, the G170..

http://www.kobaltcomputers.co.uk/notebooks.html

It's gonna cost ya with the 485 in it though :eek: But they're a savage laptop, I'm seriously considering ordering a basic G170 with 12gig ram. Sandy Bridge, full hd, and dual-drive bay means that it's pretty much ideal for my photography and virtualisation.

They're basically a Sager/Clevo so if you're gonna be in the States or know someone who is I'd consider getting one there, much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

can anyone tell me if there is a decent laptop with a gtx 485m in it for a decent price. i can't seem to find to many laptops that have it.

decent price is where you are wrong here

a sager in the states is what you want...

good luck trying to get one sent here tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Have a look at Kobalt computers in the UK, the G170..

http://www.kobaltcomputers.co.uk/notebooks.html

It's gonna cost ya with the 485 in it though :eek: But they're a savage laptop, I'm seriously considering ordering a basic G170 with 12gig ram. Sandy Bridge, full hd, and dual-drive bay means that it's pretty much ideal for my photography and virtualisation.

They're basically a Sager/Clevo so if you're gonna be in the States or know someone who is I'd consider getting one there, much cheaper.

Avoid Kobalt.

I placed an order in October, waited 10 weeks, cancelled, been waiting 8 weeks now for my refund....

By far the worst company I've ever had to deal with.

Advertisement