Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you know what it is really difficult to do?

• 31-01-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Well a few things really!

First I am trying to trying to reduce Health cover ( take a third party off).
    I emailed them.....an auto reply.....did it again....tried ringing them...wait and wait and wait.

Second I am trying to reduce the number of channels on the package....they REALLY don't want to know and are trying to put me off by saying " we have to speak to the person whose name is on the bill"....fair enough.

Third I was thinking of getting rid of the landline and just keep the broadband....it seems that is difficult too! There is a charge if I do so...

All of this to keep costs down with this new USC charge......

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

gettin out of bed in the morning
    getting motivation to go to the gym
    saying no to another pint after you have had three
    refusing the ride
    etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've had similar problems with service providers & found that the best way to deal with them is this... if they don't play ball, tell them you want to cancel the service.

You'll be amazed at how quickly they change their tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Find a good heart these days.
    Breaking up.
    Say sorry.

Oh wait.... they're just hard, not really difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I've had similar problems with service providers & found that the best way to deal with them is this... if they don't play ball, tell them you want to cancel the service.

You'll be amazed at how quickly they change their tune.

Cancelling your direct debit is great. A day later you get a guy who all of a sudden, can do everything as if by magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Fart, sneeze, hiccup, piss, whistle and click your fingers all at the same time.
    Not stare at midgets.
    Look sexy while eating yogurt.
    Chat up a girl after you have stepped in dog sh*t.
    Accept being beaten by a girl in any physical situation, especially arm wrestling.
    Not have homoerotic feelings for Christian Bale.
    Control your emotions while watching the Notebook.

etc, etc, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Strip a frozen silage pit on your own, you can slide off and end up dead.

Bother your hole driving to work on a Monday after a shít sleep.

Give up cigarettes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Fellate yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fellate yourself?

Not since I had two ribs removed it's not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭kirving

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fivestar

Get over really tall walls...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

t6y[pe withj yopur5 fac4e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

suitseir wrote: »

Second I am trying to reduce the number of channels on the package....they REALLY don't want to know and are trying to put me off by saying " we have to speak to the person whose name is on the bill"....fair enough.

:mad:

If its Sky you are dealing with. Be sure that person whose name is on the bill calls them. Tell them you wish to cancel the package completely as you can not afford it. I presume you are past minimum contract period. They will do a deal allowing you to keep your channels for a reduced fee. You could negotiate a significantly reduced fee if you were to drop channels also. Its also much easier to get through if you dial the number for adding channels usually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Complain about your job without people commenting on how lucky you should be just to have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Jerk off on a bus without some do gooder calling you a twisted freak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Play the Trombone backwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

Wipe your arsé with your left hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

First I am trying to trying to reduce Health cover ( take a third party off).
    I emailed them.....an auto reply.....did it again....tried ringing them...wait and wait and wait.

Tell them if they don't sort it out today you're going with a new provider. That always gets them moving.
    Third I was thinking of getting rid of the landline and just keep the broadband....it seems that is difficult too! There is a charge if I do so...

Let me know how that goes. i'd like to do the same. I need broadband if I have any hope of earning money (I work from home) but I'd like to get rid of the landline as we can't afford it. I honestly can't get my head around how to arrange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

arsé? Is that French for arse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Re: Sky

I've done the same before, call and tell them you want to get it out altogether as you cant afford it etc. .

they will give you a reduced price or some features on special or free for a few months.

the alternative is to cancel it altogether, sign up again with another name (or your middle name) and you will get all the offers for new customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Fellate yourself?

Speak for yourself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Use a fork in your left hand and a knife in your right - It's the 'standard' way but I haven't a clue how people are able to do it - I put them in the opposite hands (I'm right-handed).

Also, opening those damn plastic clamshell packets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

**** with the left hand is possible but just doesn't feel right (no pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

Debthree wrote: »
    arsé? Is that French for arse?

Sounds more poetic, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Debthree wrote: »
    Tell them if they don't sort it out today you're going with a new provider. That always gets them moving.

Let me know how that goes. i'd like to do the same. I need broadband if I have any hope of earning money (I work from home) but I'd like to get rid of the landline as we can't afford it. I honestly can't get my head around how to arrange that.

Yip, will do.

Advertisement